Weird and not good Reverend Bizarre news

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
Albert said:
Ok, why not to tell it right away. In what ways tomorrow is different? Or day after tomorrow?

It is pretty sure now that I will leave Reverend Bizarre after our next recording sessions and when the already planned gigs have been played.

This is not because of something that has happened lately. I have been thinking about this for a long time. Actually the first time was right after our debut album was released.

These have been long years full of great moments, but maybe even more full of suffering. For all of us.

Now when I live in a different city than others these things are even more clear to me. There is no use for me to just hang on when I am quite much burnt out. Too many songs written. Too many personal disappointments. Too many interviews. Too many long studio hours. Too many fights...Mostly all the shit has always been in MY OWN MIND.

My inner idea of music is also gone to much darker and brutal ways than Reverend Bizarre could or should go. Idea of this band has always been to be a pure Doom and Heavy Metal band, even when we have done few "slips" just for the laughs.

My ideas of Doom Metal especially are very clear and strict, as you know. The music I MUST do now is not what Doom Metal is in its purest forms, even when it happens to be spiritually just what the word DOOM represents to me.
Because of this reason I also have to move on.

I will give everything that is inside of me for this last period of our studio work and the final gigs also. Then my mind will be at ease I hope. I will of course do my work with all the other already coming records and see that everything will be done in the right way! This includes the possible collection of material that has been released only on vinyl so far.

I know that Peter and Void have quality material written for at least one more album. I truly hope they will do it with some other vocalist. Of course this is now in their hands. I know that the war does not need one man, so in that sense there is no fear.

But let us first do that third album. I know that both guys are ready and willing to do that even when the situation is what it is.

Peter said:
Writing this from a webcafe in Brighton, so will keep it short.

Every one of us does what they truly Will. A band should never risk anyone's mental health especially when the members themselves don't want to.

I stood in Westminster Abbey, at the site where Oliver Cromwell was buried for a while, and swore I will not stand down and let go. I will continue writing and performing doom metal despite what Albert sees fit to do with his life. I am not too much into calling it Reverend Bizarre, though, as it has been our bastard child... unless we get someone like Messiah Marcolin to do the *last* album, number IV, just to give it a proper funeral and also because I feel we should have done the five albums we promised in the beginning. I am sure Albert will continue doing music in the more extreme forms he feels he needs to. And I hope he will find his balance doing so, the good friend.

The songs that were meant for the fourth Reverend Bizarre album are great, I dare to say, some of them have been ready for years. They will come out, one way or another. Don't know what Void wants to do, but I surely hope he will give me a hand. He has had some songs such as "To the Promised Land" ready for ages as well.

Matter of fact I have some of the first Lord Vicar album written as well already. The songtitles and the coverart figured as well...

Anyway, all this is a matter of somewhat distant future, we will cut the last album with Albert at the end of 2006 e.v. Enjoy the forthocoming gigs.

Hail Caesar, fuck the world!

Void said:
I'll have to think this through. I'm not going to do the fourth album, though. Like you Albert once said; if even one of us were to be replaced, it would not be Reverend Bizarre anymore.

But am I going to record my songs with Peter? I don't know. Am I going to go on playing with Peter? I don't know that either. I'll have to think this through.

You see, and this is something I never told Albert or Peter, I too had decided to leave Reverend Bizarre already many years ago. I don't remember the exact date, I think it was either the first Lohja gig or the Spinefeast one. Something I did mention to Albert back then, and we had a talk about it, but I never said anything about promising myself that the third album would be my last. I didn't want to burden Albert with yet another concern. But when he came up with the idea of setting a specific hour of death for Reverend Bizarre, I sort of started to play along. After all, all I wanted was to know that it would end soon enough. At the same time, I always had the option of quitting earlier in mind. That made it easier for me to work, just like setting the year 2009 as our final year together did for the others, especially to Albert.

So this is why I have no difficulties in letting the fourth one go. Like Albert, I'm very relieved of finally being able to pursue my most personal goals as well. But I do think that this is much harder for Peter. He was always the most enthusiastic of the three of us when it came to doing gigs, getting publicity, and stuff. Still, I'm sure he would have no problems in finding another drummer, just like he now has to find another vocalist and a bassist to start with. So I'll have to think this through.

But first, our final efforts. Something to look back in pride and joy, I hope.

:erk:

Damn! At least these guys will be able to pursue some music with less structural limitations than the ones they imposed on themselves in Reverend Bizarre. It sounds like at least Albert and Void have been yearning for it for a while!

They only planned on releasing 2 more albums anyhow, then calling it a day to move on to other things. They also say most of the material has been written for a while now.

Albert is a strange fucker anyhow. Not right in the head. Besides, them 3 fuckers don;t even get along that much. Probably because of Albert anyway, haha.

Kinda ruins the whole "FUCK ANYONE WHO DOESN'T PLAY PURE, TRUE DOOM!" image now that Albert and Void are gonna move on to more extreme (and possibly non-IotS-safe) doom-related metal.

Demilich said:
Kinda ruins the whole "FUCK ANYONE WHO DOESN'T PLAY PURE, TRUE DOOM!" image now that Albert and Void are gonna move on to more extreme (and possibly non-IotS-safe) doom-related metal.
when did they EVER say anything like that?

and if they did

why do they choose to cover songs by BARATHRUM and BURZUM instead of doom bands?

EDIT: holy shit am i agreeing with iots! say it isn't so

oh i don't know maybe in their liner notes or something similarly inconsequential

"fuck all the weak stoner shit, TRUE DOOM blah blah" lolz

or something similar

alright, maybe "FUCK ANYONE..." isn't the right way to put it, but it's an elitist statement that becomes kinda problematic and contradictory. and my impression of them as the type of band who would exclude other doom as "weak", etc. is based on more than that one comment, can't remember where it was from though.

FYI Demilich (and i should not have been saying this and simply leave you into your dream world and hilarious comments) i consider some bands to be doom metal, that Reverend Bizarre totally hate and say that they it is a shame that they are called doom. They are far more strict on the "what is doom metal" thingie than me.

I never said they weren't. I don't see what you're trying to prove, really. You can go ahead and get offended that I don't agree with your opinion on what doom metal is or what R.B. thinks about the issue, and I'll listen, but until then... what are you trying to prove?