weird kind of Gojira type song

Terminus

Apr 19, 2009
I wrote this thing in 2002, played it in a band and on stage for over a year but at the time had no idea how to record mahself. I just went through and did a nicely tracked but quickly mixed version with programmed drums (AD as always, this time totally ITB AD with no added sample replacement yet). Since I actually have an amp I'll end up reamping this soon, not too pleased with the rhythm guitars but the leads I am digging on. Anyway let me know what you think. It is pretty rough, mind. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/994726/White Tie Black Heart.mp3

This sounds awesome! The song itself and the mix. I love the drum sound. I would be stoked if i could produce a mix of similar quality to this one. I'm a newb by all means. Care to explain a bit of your mixing process?

Thanks guys. Yeah the drum sound is just about the pinnacle of what I can do within AD lol. I've done a shitload of stuff to this song since I posted this including replacing that kick and blending a different snare in slightly, that version above is really fuckin rough and messy sounding compared to how it is currently. I'm almost done editing the silences and tightening things up a bit and then I'm going to redo my vocals from a decade ago hah, then I shall post up a more refined version and I'll even put up the raw files for you guys for mixing practice. Thanks for the replies. :)