weird reaper problem

gebgebgeb

i try
Sep 12, 2009
i would try search bar but i'm not sure how to phrase the question. ever since i switched to a 64 bit os, i've had this weird problem while trying to track guitars in reaper.

everytime, i try to track guitars, i get this weird hiss or feedback while using vst's to simulate guitar amps. the weird thing is, while i was letting a chord ring out, i tried messing with settings in the vst. while the chord was ringing out, i adjusted a knob and the hissing/feedback thing stopped. also, for like the first maybe 10 seconds of using the vst, there's no hissing or anything. after that, it starts to hiss pretty bad.

im not sure if its a software compatibility issue or something. im using a m audio fast track pro, windows 7 64 bit, and reaper. i tried updating my m audio driver to a 64 bit version and it didn't fix the problem. i tried messing with stuff on my fast track and stuff inside the m audio driver. i even tried using a different asio driver. i'm also pretty sure the cable i'm using is good.

i might be able to record the hissing if you guys need an example of what im talking about. thanks a lot.

i might be able to record the hissing if you guys need an example of what im talking about. thanks a lot.

That'd be cool, could use some hiss sample replacement in my own mixes :p

Joke aside, don't know the answer on this particular question, but just to let you know that the general consensus is - use 64bit OS if you have newer hardware, but still don't use 64bit DAW, as there is no need for it yet, and as there are quite a few bugs in them that people reporting all over the internet every now and then.

What amp sim are you trying to use? Is it a trial version of something that puts a "swoosh" sound every few seconds?

It almost sounds to me like your computer mic may be enabled still.....

I have a Fast Track Pro and never had problems. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed (from M-Audios site) for that interface as well.

is it a "normal" hiss or a fucking ear-piercing-loud-as-fuck hiss? ... sometimes when i use reaper and loop a section many times, i get that, and it actually hurts my ears, like, for real... i didn't find any solution for this =(

Heavy Jerk: haha maybe ill just start doing that from now on. im better at recording feedback than i am at guitars haha. well i've always used the 32 bit edition of reaper. i tried the 64 bit version last night and i didn't make any progress.

bryan_kilco: the main amp sim i use is TSE X30. i've tried with the nick crow vst's and i tried using a revalver. the only one that inserts random silences or noises was the revalver. but my problem doesn't sound anything like that. im sure i have the most up to date drivers.

reg3n: i guess a better way to describe it is like it sounds like my speakers are blown. my monitors are good though.

i found out that when i monitor the tracks, i get the feedback. when i turn the track off and im not recording anymore, and i listen back to whatever i just recorded, there's no feedback. i tried messing around with settings and stuff and couldn't figure anything out. i mean this could work for now but its really hard to track tight guitars with that constant feedback.

thanks for all the help so far guys.

i have this issue all the time
what you do is just restart it sucks i think you can also go to options prefrences plugins flush plugins or something

i tried restarting the fast track pro on desktop before i opened reaper and i tried restarting it while i had reaper open. niether worked.

i also tried looking for the flush plugins thing and didn't find anything.

luckily, i was able to record a really lame demo on my laptop so i finished what i need to. i've ran into a lot of other problems since i've gotten a new computer so i've decided to just reformat and see if that helps anything. ill post back and let you guys know.