Welcome to Imaginaerum!

Gotta say, I'm not at all impressed by the samples. It doesn't even sound like Nightwish anymore to me. It's like...Nightwish 2.0.

BUT, I didn't like DPP all that much until 5 or 6 listens...so I just have to be patient and have faith!

X

I loved what I heard of the "I want my tears back" sample, but I have to say I didn't really like the 4th sample too much. I didn't listen to the rest of the samples, because I want to hear the songs in full, not just samples.
It's really easy to get the wrong impression when only hearing 31 seconds of a song.

Oh what to do what to do, wait until next week to hear the whole album or listen to the song now... Is there any other NW song that you can compare it to?

Why do you say we can wait only one more week? Is it going to be available on Itunes in a week?

Does it come out in Europe next week?

Amazon says it's not available until late december.

And yes, I'm still skeptical on this albumn. It's probably going to have to grow on me :-(

I listened to the new song and I LOVE it! Can't believe it was as beautiful as it was, I expected it to be bad!

Hey guys, I've been silent for a quite a while, but I am still around. As for the newly released songs: Storytime was a big "wtf" for me. i am withholding judgement until I hear the entire album. Hopefully it will just be the Eva of this album. Crow is actually quite nice. it may not be what I traditionally think of/accept as Nightwish, but it perhaps shows artistic growth/change for the band as a whole.

I do notice the opinions of "The Birdie Song" (as nicknamed by Tuomas) seem to swing from one extreme to the other: either people are seeing it (sorta) as I am; that it is the "filler" track of the album, or the other end of the spectrum, much more promising than "Storytime". One thing seems to be for sure, that this album is going to have all sorts of different sounds for us to digest and not everyone will have the same opinions across the board on everything.

As you say C., opinions vary. I played Crow for a friend of mine from The Netherlands who is a Nightwish fan, but hadn't yet heard it. She was not sure she even wanted to hear it because she, too, was disappointed in Storytime. But after listening, her response was, and I quote, "Oh wow. Anette's voice is perfect for the calm songs. This actually is wonderful."

I guess in many ways I'm "lucky" not to have been a fan before 2005, because I knew that Tarja was no longer in the band. It sort of made it easier to accept the new style but DPP had to grow on me, I didn't take to any of the songs right away, like I took to many of the songs on the previous albums. But I really loved "Storytime" right from the get-go, and I have lots and lots of expectations for this new album! And only 3 days to go! 3 loooong days...

Not to drum up the past, but for those of us who have been long time American fans, it was actually a bit of a difficult time in the Nightwish world. Of course everyone loved the band with Tarja, but there was a definite under current of people who were, on some level at least, not sorry to see her go because of her seemingly bad attitude towards this country, and the greed of her husband. It left many of us with real mixed feelings on the whole situation.

But it also left those of us in that camp (which i assure you was not everyone around here) very open to the future and what a new vocalist might bring. There has been some very good music in the new era, and some questionable songs as well. Either way, it is always interesting to see where newer fans fall on new material as it comes out. I think C has already said: The new stuff has engendered a variety of opinions. It's a good thing. :]

Absolutely! The thing with Tarja-era Nightwish, is that the U.S. was probably the only country on earth who had no bias for/against her since they were practically unknown here, but for the fans here who did know of them, it left a lot of bad feelings; especially when 2 tours were cancelled and then finding out the reason for that was because Tarja thought that playing the smaller clubs here was beneath her. So there are fans who, to this day, still hold a grudge against her for that. Personally, I have gotten over it in many respects, but my boycott still stands; she hasn't gotten a dime out of me since '05! ;)

Anyway, to keep back to topic...we here at the OSA have been saying for quite some time that we have a special announcement for everyone, and due to having to work with other people on this particular project, we have had to keep tight-lipped on everything and not say too much. So we have been just as anxious to share the news with you as you have been to hear it! The good news is that next week we will finally be able to announce our big news! Trust us, it will have been worth the wait, and it is the biggest news that has ever happened here at OSA. The final details will be worked out sometime this week, so we are looking at getting the green light to release this news early next week. So hang in there!

On a personal note, this is probably a good thing that we have had to push the announcement to next week, considering that this week will be the Imaginaerum premiere on Radiorock, and the release of the album in Finland, so there will be a lot of activity in the Nightwish community and our news might get lost in the shuffle. We have waited a long time and worked very hard to bring this to you, so we want to make everyone take notice! ;)

Oooh, sounds promising.

Umm... I feel bad for admitting this, but what I'm listening to is better quality than the radio play.

I just went to Metalstorm. Early review scores: While DPP is a 7.7 there with 811 votes, Imaginaerum, admittedly quite early and with only 80 votes is an 8.7.

Just put it up on the OSA site and Facebook...there's going to be a "tour edition" version of Imaginaerum; a 2-CD set with a DVD. The 2nd CD will be the *orchestral* version of the album, not the instrumental version as on previous releases. The DVD will include a "making of Imaginaerum" documentary, and the "Storytime" video. Nightwish-Shop is already taking pre-orders.

Mape Ollila has once again made an interesting interview with Tuomas and Stobe for Imperiumi.net

I thought I'd translate it and share with all you "Finnish-challenged" people out there.

So I just finished reading that long ass interview, and I'm so glad you translated this for all us "Finnish- Challenged people"... as you like to put it, Enigma ;)

Gawd.. the amount of work Tuomas has put into this album is ridiculous!
Even though this is an old article, and we're now in March 2012- I still wanted to put my 2 cents in, and voice my opinions on the making of Imaginarium (which is clearly already out), and the movie that is soon to be released!

I think by reading band interview's like these; it really makes you appreciate not only the band/artist more, but the concept of a new album a lot more as well!

When I first listened to the entire album of Imaginarium... I will admit that I was a little disappointed with the final outcome, but NOW by looking into Tuomas' reasoning/ vision of the album, as well as reading into the song meanings... I will say that I have a new found respect for Imaginarium!

I'm looking forward to the release date on the movie; with no doubt in my mind that it will be good! :D