Imaginaerum World Tour 2012 starts in Los Angeles, CA

Okay, that's great, then I won't have to get up early *g* Phew! Also thanks regarding the cab advice. I was going to take one, but I guess I'll just walk to the club.

Thanks for all the info - we have been in LA for a couple of days now and travel by foot mostly :) Which part of the day/night is not safe to walk out in the area around Walk of Fame? :)

I've never been to the Gibson Amphitheater. Is it closed, or open air? The reason I ask is I live in LA and just watched the weather. It's going to rain Saturday night. Not a night to be outdoors on a January.

Mel: You moved to L.A.? When?

I think it is an indoor arena; I've never been there but that's what I've been told.

Ditlivia: You will find people walking around that area during all hours of day and night, but I would not go walking around at too late an hour. The bars (pubs) close at 2 a.m., so I would want to be as far away from the streets long before then! ;)

I've been here (well in the OC) for 18 months. So it's a long-ass drive for both the Gibson and Key Club shows. I won't be able to go to the meet and greet at the record store, either.

First off I can't wait to meet some fellow OSA people this weekend, but I am so bummed that I couldn't take Thursday off work and get down a day earlier for Rubber Band Wolves. This whole trip is turning out to be quite out of my budget so taking extra days off work is out of the question since I don't get paid time off. I am in the middle of planning my wedding and saving up for 70000 Tons of Metal in 2013 (that is going to be our honeymoon).

C. you say cabs are expensive, our hotel is within walking distance of Gibson, but I am still trying to figure out how we are getting from the airport to the hotel, do you think we maybe should look into renting a car, I really wanted to avoid that because LA driving freaks me out!

Sometimes there are shuttles to the hotel, but I'm not sure if that only applies to hotels that are close by, and it's pretty far from the airport to Gibson. Renting a car is expensive too...I wish I was more help in this respect, as I can't drive and am not sure how much a cab from the airport to Gibson would cost. :( I'm not sure how you can find out, but maybe you can check to see if the hotel offers airport shuttle; that would be very helpful to you.

Hey Melusina, My girlfriend and i used a shuttle-company called Prime Time Shuttle, which we prepaid on the internet. The cost was 33$ from the airport to our hotel about 500 meters from Walk of Fame. Haven't tried a cap yet, so can't compare prices to that, but it's definitely recomendable :)

do you guys know if the band are doing any meet and greets after the one on friday? I'm coming down from san francisco and was really bummed out bout missing the key club show till i read about the meet and greet tomorrow evening. Also I really hope it doesn't rain too much on saturday. I've been to the gibson amphitheater once before and I don't believe it's covered all the way, I could be wrong though it's been a while since i last went there.

Just got home from the Key CLub show. On the positive side, the band played great and Anette sounded unreal. It's time for Tarja fans to STFU already. Anette is worthy of this job.

On the down side, the set list was a massive letdown. THey did 3 songs from "Once," and the rest is DDP and Imaginaerum. Resurrecting "Over the Hills..." was a surprise but that's it. They have buried the Tarja era for good. Someone will have a proper set list in order, but here's what I remember:

Scaretale (seriously)
Storytime
Slow, Love, Slow (yes, seriously)
I Want My Tears Back (huge audience reaction)
The Owl, The Crow and The Dove
Last Ride of the Day
Song of Myself
The Poet & The Pendulum
Last of the Wilds
The Islander
Amaranth
I Wish I had an Angel
Nemo
Planet Hell
Over the Hills and Far Away

Oh now, Scaretale AND SLS! But I have to admit that I do understand that they'd play a lot of the new album and of DPP. And after having to sing so many Tarja-era songs during the last tour, I feel that it's only fair that Anette doesn't have to sing them anymore. I would be delighted with a set list like that, hope they keep it like that when they play in Helsinki in March! Also great to hear that Anette sounded great!