Imaginaerum World Tour 2012 starts in Los Angeles, CA

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005
NIGHTWISH KICK OFF THE IMAGINARIUM WORLD TOUR IN LOS ANGELES
author: Nightwish date: 14. march 2011 time 5:56

The very first show for the IMAGINARIUM WORLD TOUR will take place at the GIBSON AMPHITHEATRE, Universal City, CA, U.S.A, on Saturday the 21st of January 2012.

This will be the biggest NIGHTWISH show production ever on the North American soil and strictly a one-off -- there will be no US tour until later in 2012.

The ticket sales will begin soon.

sources:
http://www.nightwish.com/en/news/
http://www.facebook.com/nightwish

OK....Who in California is willing to take in a 51yr old West Virginian and his wife, who is just as eager as he is to see this band finally????? Seriously, opening up in the USA is fantastic news and hopefully many more people here come to realize just how great of a band this truly is! Hopefully, later in 2012 a full tour is announced and my wife and I won't have to trek half-way across the country (and here we were thinking we'd have to move to Finland)<

It's true, it's true, it's true!!! I can't believe it!

I can't wait! I just hope the tickets aren't too expensive, and that they don't sell out too fast.

Yay! Happiness cometh to the faithful :) I'm happy for you getting finally the chance to see a Nw-show with all the bells and whistles they use in European arenas.

It'll be a great show with pyros, fireworks and whatnot in a 6200+ seat theatre.

Will it sell out? I think so. You'll see an invasion of people from all over the globe arriving in LA for this show like they did come to Finland for the previous Once and DPP album release shows.

About tickets, this email from EnterTheVault which was sent to registered customers yesterday :

Big News will be

An announcement that has caused the site to get over 1300 emails in 24 hours

Onsale next friday

stay tuned
It might be about something else, but many people on discussion boards suggest that this might be about the NIGHTWISH show in LA, so better check www.enterthevault.com on Friday.

Even the Gibson Amphitheatre is a Live Nation venue, it's possible that enterthevault will have at least a limited amount of regular and vip tickets for pre-sale like they usually do. And if they do launch a pre-sale, I think the tickets for this show will be moving fast.

I'll be there! Rock n Roll!

We've got to meet up!!!

It might be about something else, but many people on discussion boards suggest that this might be about the NIGHTWISH show in LA, so better check www.enterthevault.com on Friday.

Oh man, I am so broke right now, but then again, I have nearly a year to pay it all off. But I definitely want a VIP ticket if they are available!

Even the Gibson Amphitheatre is a Live Nation venue, it's possible that enterthevault will have at least a limited amount of regular and vip tickets for pre-sale like they usually do. And if they do launch a pre-sale, I think the tickets for this show will be moving fast.

As long as there are VIP tickets and I have a chance at one, I'm fine. ;)

OK....Who in California is willing to take in a 51yr old West Virginian and his wife, who is just as eager as he is to see this band finally????? Seriously, opening up in the USA is fantastic news and hopefully many more people here come to realize just how great of a band this truly is! Hopefully, later in 2012 a full tour is announced and my wife and I won't have to trek half-way across the country (and here we were thinking we'd have to move to Finland)<

It said in the announcement that a full U.S. tour would not be until late '12, so if you don't want to wait that long, then I would say to come on out to L.A.!

I would really like to plan a meet-up among the OSAers sometime among all of this. Gibson is located inside an amusement park called Universal Studios, so while it's not Disneyland, I think it's a good place to have a meet-up and have a little fun before the big show. :D

Surprisingly the VIP tickets came on sale today already *click*

but they seem to cost an arm and a leg :err: :loco: :bah:

1/21/2012 Gibson Amphitheatre 100 Universal City Place
Universal City CA Door: tbd Show: TBD

Tickets: $250.00 (+$25 service fee!) for
General Admission PIT ticket / Pre-show party / Special VIP access
Less than 300 available

Hopefully the normal seated tickets will be approximately well under $100 :Shedevil:

Gotta love the american version of free enterprise...

From what I've been told by several different sources, these VIP tickets do not include a meet-and-greet, so I really don't see myself putting that kind of money out just so I can sit in a green room and eat stale pizza before the show. :lol:

I'm sure regular tickets will be reasonable; I paid about $40-$50 for tickets to Maiden/Halford/Queensryche at the same venue, but this was 10 years ago and I had to end up selling the tickets. But either way, I'm sure that it won't be that much more expensive. I'm thinking at least $60-$100.

OK, so I talked to the folks at Gibson yesterday and here's the scoop.

First off, they don't even have any knowledge that this show is taking place. It's not even listed on their schedule yet. So these non-VIP "tickets" that are going for $400 that everyone's freaking out about are definitely from a ticket-scalping site. They confirmed this to me, and they also said that even the scalpers do not have tickets because they have not officially been sold yet; the prices listed are just what sites like this hope to get when the tickets do go onsale. They had no info about the VIP tickets being sold on Enter the Vault, or whether or not there would be any more VIP tickets sold either through their will call or through Ticketmaster (although from experience, I did buy VIP tickets through the box office for Stratovarius, so it's not entirely impossible that the same could happen here). Nor do they know yet when tickets will be going onsale via Ticketmaster. But needless to say, what they could confirm is that when this show does go onsale, most likely the price for good seats will not be in the $400 price range, as some of these sites have listed.

It's very common that the people who answer the phone at a venue don't have a clue who'll be performing and when before the gig is announced to the public by the promoter and then listed in their schedule and on their website. The details and launch date of the marketing campaign are set in the contract between the promoter and the venue's marketing persons.

In this case I think that EnterTheVault is selling the VIP tickets already, because of their connection with First Row Talent agency who represents Nw's management in the North American metal tour market. ETV has had advance VIP ticket sales for many tours arranged by FTR during the years. Obviously the regular tickets will go on sale later when ETV has used their advance sales period. At the beginnig of next month already - maybe???

Sorry C I forgot to reply to your email. I won't be able to make it. I'm off to Kitee in December and then finland again in January (where in Finland I'm not told yet) so I'll have to stick to UK and FI shows :)

I'm sure it will be epic though.

Had to wait for my pay check, which kind of blows for having gotten really good seats, but not that big of a deal to me I am just happy to be going. Now to make travel plans.