Imaginaerum World Tour 2012 starts in Los Angeles, CA

This is sorta of silly, but...

Is there anyone out there who wants to get tickets and go to the show together?

lol

I'm 34, live in Denver, and no one I know loves this band...and I broke up with my gf a few months ago, so she's out...and by the time I find someone new to date, all the good tickes will be gone!

Does anyone know if they are going on a US tour after this show? Seems like a waste to spend that much (airfare + hotel) when they are going to be touring anyway.

X

As far as I know, there won't be a proper U.S. tour 'till late next year.

I have not gotten my tickets yet, I know I should hurry, but I don't have the money right now. Usually I go with a friend of mine, but if he's unavailable, maybe you can take his place.

I can't help you with your dating situation, but we're about the same age, so maybe I can introduce you to some of my single friends when you are visiting L.A. ;)

Out of curiosity I eyballed the Livenation's website ticket sales application today and it looks that roughly 40% of the seats are sold already. Starting from the best and most expensive seats which are sold out. Not bad for a band that really isn't a mainstream name in the USA.

I heard that the "Imaginarium"-movie is currently promoted at the Cannes Film Festival by handing out printed broschures and stuff. Which lead me to a thought about the timing of this one-off concert at the heart of the American "Mecca of movies" just when the Academy Awads season is running hot and all the media is focused on everything what's going on there.

Coincidence? I don't think so... obviously they have a plan and NW will be really pushing for it with this combo-project. Anyone know what'll be happening on the 3rd weekend of Jan 2011 in Hollywood? Anything big (except the NW gig, LOL) which will attract the media and would give a boost to NW's promo campaign?

Anette told on her blog that she'll participate the promo tour in Nov-Dec in Europe. That means they'd have a single out by the time when the promo tour begins and maybe we'll get a film trailer around those times, too.

Ahh, waiting sucks...

[hard fact]

Amorphis will sail onboard of the 70000 Ton Of Metal Cruise on Jan 23. - 27. 2012

[/hard fact]

[hard fact

Nightwish will play at LA on Jan 21. 2012

[/hard fact]

[hard fact]

Support bands for the Jan 21 , 2012 show will be

Amorphis
Dommin

[/hard fact]

[unconfirmed rumour]

Nightwish will sail onboard of the 70000 Tons Of Metal Cruise, too

[/unconfirmed rumour]

Well, the show in L.A. started out as a rumor too, so you never know... ;)

But, LA was pretty much what they wanted to do. 70000 Tons, if they do that, will be nuts. They run it well, but with the health problems Nightwish runs into every tour here......

One thing I've been pondering as this date approaches is this quote: "This will be the biggest NIGHTWISH show production ever on the North American soil..." This was posted in the original revealing of this show on March 14th. And nobody has really been talking about it that much, so I'm taking the initiative! ; ) Plus, I think it can intrigue some juicy gossip! Sooo...what could "the biggest Nightwish show production ever on the North American soil" possibly mean??? Is it just the venue size alone or will something special actually be done for this event? Will they play along to the movie while it's projected on a huge screen? Perhaps they'll get a crew to act it out? Or...and this one is my personal favorite...A LIVE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA!!! I'd love to hear everybody else's thoughts/ideas on this. =D

Welcome to the board. :wave:

Well, my thoughts on that comment is that we will get for the first time the closest thing possible to experiencing what a Nightwish show must be like for fans in other parts of the world. When they tour here, it's usually in small clubs, so we don't really see the pyrotechnics, the big-screen projections, onstage props, etc. I am thinking that we will get to see all of that. Yes, a live orchestra would be fantastic, but I would really like for this concert to be filmed for DVD. It's rare that a band ever films their first concert of a tour for DVD, but this is something really special and I would hate to see it not be commemorated in some way. It would be nice if some recordings from the concert made it onto a future live album or as bonus tracks to a single, etc. That would be great too.

I guess at this time, I don't want to get my hopes up too high, so that way when the surprise does come, I'll be even more pleasantly surprised. ;)

I don't know any kind and size of pyros and fireworks are allowed indoors in California and in that particular venue, but expect to have the biggest possible in use if allowed. Also, Nighwish's full lightshow at big venues has always been quite remarkable. Other things they have used: A transparent waterscreen for laser light images between the stage and audience, custom video screens behind the stage (Once-tour); bubble- & flake machines and confetti cannons blowing stuff over the audience, fireworks&crackers going on at several spots in the ceiling over the audience (DPP-tour).

Except for the pyros and lightshow, probably they'll have something new in their sleeve for this tour again.

(Hey, just an idea: As Troy Donocley will be touring with them as a guest musician and while he is an amateur magician, how about some cool stage illusions to fit to the Imaginaerum theme... huh? o_O o_O o_O )

Engima: I'm not sure about pyro inside of the Gibson Amphitheater; I've never been there before and this will be my first time attending. I know that pyro is used indoors at huge arenas like Staples Center (as I was just there a month ago), and when I saw Rush in '02 at Irvine Meadows (sorry, Verizon Amphitheater), the Orange County Fire Department was standing off to the side of the stage because there was pyro at their show too. So depending if the venue is big enough to hold it, there might be a possibility.

So here we go:

04/10/2012 Lisebergshallen Göteborg Sweden

04/11/2012 Falconer Theater Copenhagen Denmark

04/13/2012 Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam Netherlands

04/14/2012 ISS Dome Düsseldorf Germany

04/16/2012 Forest National Brussels Belgium

04/17/2012 Bercy Paris France

04/18/2012 Zenith Nantes France

04/20/2012 Halle Tony Garnier Lyon France

04/21/2012 Rockhal Luxembourg Luxembourg

04/23/2012 Jahrhunderthalle Frankfurt Germany

04/24/2012 Hallenstadion Zurich Switzerland

04/25/2012 Forum Milano Italy

04/27/2012 Gasometer Vienna Austria

04/29/2012 Budapest Arena Budapest Hungary

04/30/2012 Tesla (T-Mobile Arena) Prague Czech Republic

05/01/2012 Arena Leipzig Germany

05/03/2012 o2 World Hamburg Germany

05/05/2012 Arena Nuremberg Germany

05/06/2012 Schleyerhalle Stuttgart Germany

05/08/2012 Krizanke Ljubljana Slovenia

Definitly going to the show in Dusseldorf, maybe Milano also.... (depends on the price)

Hi fellow Nightwishers,

I think it's good, considering what happened with the tour in 2005, that you get to see NW live first, but I'm not happy about the fact that they will not play in Finland before next summer! That sucks! I mean they are from Finland right?
And they'll play in Sweden in April 2012 but no date yet for Finland!
Or there is a glitch on the NW official web site and they left Finland out.

I'm pretty bummed right now...

Have a nice day people!

Michèle

Hi fellow Nightwishers,

I think it's good, considering what happened with the tour in 2005, that you get to see NW live first, but I'm not happy about the fact that they will not play in Finland before next summer! That sucks! I mean they are from Finland right?
And they'll play in Sweden in April 2012 but no date yet for Finland!
Or there is a glitch on the NW official web site and they left Finland out.

I'm pretty bummed right now...

Have a nice day people!

Michèle

Nuclear Blast said that more tourdates will be announced on october 24th or so...i think that there will be a tour for scandinavia or at least for finland even before the european tour.

As there is a two months gap between the tour start shows in L.A. & on the Caribbean cruise and the beginning of the European leg, so I'm expecting them not to sit down freezing their asses at home through the beutiful wintery months but hitting the road in Finland and in the neighbouring countries instead. Jarmo, the Nw.com Finnish webmaster said a wwk ago that tour dates for Finland and Russia will be revealed in the latter part of this month, so we'll see soon what's up.