Well..as people seem to be starting campaigns.....

Id quite like to see Area 54 at Bloodstock 03

• OOOH yes please !!!!!!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • HELL YEAH!

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
Originally posted by madgirl
I'd quite like a little bit of that Area 54 stuff at Bloodstock 2003 ........
Please, no! I mean, they're OK, but there's such a thing as overexposure. I guess those not in London won't have had it, but Area 54 have been support at virtually every metal gig in London of late, and I'd like to see someone else for a change...

CHEERs for covering me ears

lmao at the idea of 54 being OVER exposed !!!!!!!

if only!!!!!!! i dont think 5 gigs at the underworld counts as over exposure !!!

what the hell do u call Limp bizkit and Linkin park all over the covers of kerrang? and on every radio station from here to kingdom come?

LAst time 54 played at Bloodstock they gained so many more fans.....

But hey ..... ur opinion fair enuf..

Tet- before u think i was being rude.. just wanted to say i went and checked out ur site reviews...

" arrived at the venue, and on seeing the Area 54 merchandise, feared that they'd replaced Dragonforce as openers. Once again, they put on a solid performance, and definitely seem to be gaining in stature each time I see them, even if they're never going to be one of my favourite bands"

generally all ur comments arent rude.. theyre just ur opnions... and i do respect that .. especially as people are not always like that .. if they dont like soemthing they just slag it off..

uve seen so many gigs ive seen.. other than 54 i mean.
SOM. Mission, Alice cooper, Blaze etc etc.. it was really interesting to read !!!

Its mad that u were one of the very few people at the 54/gf93 gig!!! i probably saw u there !!!! ( i sold angelwhore merch -well cd's -for a bit) ps - i didnt have ticket for that gig... even tho initially i wanted to buy one- u dont wanna donate it to their number one fan at al to add to the worlds largest 54 collection l? lolol- im kiding )

Anyway

Keep it metal
MG

Before Bloodstock01 there was a lot of hype on this message board stating Area54 as the 'NU' WOBHM. I looked (very) forward to seeing them. Unfortunately, i was very disappointed by their performance. However, judging by the postings of 4 or 5 of their fans, there must have been a vast improvement in their abilities.

I have great faith in the judgement of the Bloodstock promoters, especially after the extrememly high standard of music on offer this year. If Area 54 were to appear next year, I'll give them a chance and if they are not great it will just give me a good opportunity to browse the metal market - which is a good thing :)

LAst year.. 54 played their first ever festival.. and it did to them a hell lot of good.. however since then they have played SO many more larger scale gigs... im sure ull enjoy them more the next time u hear them!!!

Also they should also be releasing their new album .. and they will have a lot more to play..... they have indeed developed a whole lot..

TOuch wood if they ARE on the bill... then they might even appear higher up.. and hopefully this time will blow u away !!!

i guess... keep ur eye on their website for the future info .. which i feel will be very exciting !!!!! ( and will leave u with no desire to browse the metal market until they leave the stage lol)

cheers
MG

uve seen so many gigs ive seen.. other than 54 i mean.
SOM. Mission, Alice cooper, Blaze etc etc.. it was really interesting to read !!!

Its mad that u were one of the very few people at the 54/gf93 gig!!! i probably saw u there !!!! ( i sold angelwhore merch -well cd's -for a bit) ps - i didnt have ticket for that gig... even tho initially i wanted to buy one- u dont wanna donate it to their number one fan at al to add to the worlds largest 54 collection l? lolol- im kiding )
You may only be kidding but I do have two tickets for the gig (numbered 001 and 002!) and I only need one for my collection, so if you want one, just let me know. And now the tricky question... since you saw The Mission, can you remember who the support were, 'coz I'm buggered if I can!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

*MG kisses ur almighty metal boots *

ARGHHHHHHHHH u have just about made my night, !!!( will send u a pm in a min)

And to be honest i couldnt tell u for the life of me who the misson were supported by which is reallly annoying cuz i remember texting my mate to say the support were really top ! grrrrrrrrrr
Oh well.. maybe ill email the band lol im sure theyll remember
( or maybe not !)

RAAAAAAAA... u have no idea how totally excited and overjoyed i am at the ticket ... im just well... i think i better go take a cold shower !

How cum u have two ??

ROCK ON DUDE

MG!!!!!!!!

OMG... what a cool delivery my lovely postman brought this morning!!! i practically bounced all the way to the classroom!

An envelope.. addressed to madgirl.. COntaining a ticket numbered 001 for an area 54 gig that was almost two years ago!!!
Tet- what can i say man.. Oooodles of thanks and respect to u!!

I did think oooh he has number 001... but i never would have asked for that.
it means so much to my collection! lol
i think ill ask them if they'll sign it for me too, tho i doubt that'll be a problem. hoorah!!!

This is just a reflection of how cool metal people are !!!!
Thanks again.. if i ever bump into u at a gig,, then ill get u a pint!
i cant even explain.. tho when u meet me itll say it all lololol
( im a t dragon force on sat)

YAYAYAYAYAYA

Excited MG !!!!!