well, got crimson 2 yesterday...

Black_paragon

all moths must DIE
Jul 16, 2003
South West England
I went on holiday with a friend to amsterdam, he found a copy of crimson 2 (the only copy, unfortunately) and bought it. I have NO idea how this shop had a copy of it, but the shop is the FAME record store in the main shopping district of amsterdam.

Anyway, the cd is great. first thing that strikes you is the fact that it has 44 tracks, 1 per minute (unless my mates cd is just some screwed up prerelease version) I assume this is like a countdown to tell how long the full piece is, while being split into tracks at the same time. The music is great, sounds different from the first one (more spacey with lots of keys) the lyrics are great, the vocals are great (everything is great, well produced, well played, well written) and some much happier, almost cheesy parts in places. ask transmigrant_macabre if you want any more info, he has the copy of it.

yeah its really weird... it runs just over 43 minutes, like the first, but the version my mate has is split into 44 tracks, I'm assuming one a minute (the first minute being track 1, so in a sense the last track (44) is the 43rd minute.
its weird, but assuming you just leave it in and press play, its going to slowly count up to 44, which is pretty cool I guess... kinda pointless though.

musically its great, you'll all love it I'm sure. some of it sounds like soilwork.

thats how many keys there are this time round.

good soilwork though :D

The 44 track idea is super. How can anyone not see the bombass-ness in that? Hehe. Pointless? Don't like the idea? Why the hell not??? We all have our favorite moments on the original Crimson and we refer to them by the *time* that they occur. We did this on that one thread where Dan asked us what our favorite parts were. Now that Crimson 2 is split one track per minute yet plays as a single song, we will be able to skip right to the minutes we like most or simply want a friend to hear. This is great. =)

egyptian.jpg

yes! it fucking rules! I haven't decided if it's as good as the original yet but the production and guitar solos are certinly better. My copy appears to be an official black mark release with all lyrics/credits etc. I like the idea of a 44 track division as it doesn't interrupt the music but allows you to jump to a favourite point if you ever want to. Has anyone else here got a copy yet? If so is yours 44 tracks also?

Hey, maybe it's some kind of promo version?

In this case, the 44 tracks could be a real pain in the arse to anyone who wants to get this thing leaked on the internet... imagine having 44 unnamed tracks you have to download and then puzzle them together... :D

Great idea indeed!

And if you already got a copy of it, the release date surely won't be delayed, right?

BTW, at which time begins the teaser??? :)

i've been on holiday so i never heard the teaser, however i can tell you that several riffs return from crimson I on the second one and that the back of the cd case lists the album as being nine tracks, these are;

THe Forbidden Words
Incantation
Passage of time
The silent threat
Achilles Heel
Covenant of souls
Face to Face
Disintegration
Aftermath

yeah it was a bit confusing when we put it in and we were on track 8 after such a short amount of time, but its a great idea, unless you're planning on playing it in windows media player, it gives a pause between each track, heheh :D

I really like the album a lot, heard it a few times and it rules, very similar and yet very different from C1.

Dan Swanö said:
Two: Even almighty Abbey Road mastering offer their client MY (Yes, it is my idea..I am so proud!!!) special copyprotection of dividing the cd into as many tracks as possible (The new Arena album had 99 tracks on the promos..The songs began at 1,13,26,39,45 etc..the rest was blank codes in order to divide the tracks so that when you rip the CD it turns into a mess!!! ha ha!!!) and it works...it's less of them on the filesharing webpages...There will alays be someone that playback the cd and record it as one piece and then divide it in maybe 5 parts...but it's a lot of work, and hopefully people buy the CD instead of downloading it!!!!

See you all

Dan

Hah, I was right, I knew it! I win, I win!!! :hotjump:
I want a prize!

Now where's my Crimson 2 copy?:erk::cry:

:tickled:

Thanatopsis123 said:
Now I only hope you have no ear for music Black Paragon. Sounds like Soilwork? :puke:

I fucking hate Soilwork.

well.

it sounds like crimson 2 but with lots of soilworky keys.

and some bits sound a lot like soilwork.

theres one riff that reminds me of meshuggah, one that sounds like a special zone in sonic the hedgehog 1 on the megadrive and one that sounds like 'all the things she said' by tatu.

:D

I like the idea about 44 songs... If you want to listen to it in it's entire just don't touch the skip button! I just don't hope all the riffs are one minute long exactly!

Think of playing it in random o_O