Well I got into my course!

Better get a haircut before you get a job like that ya hippy!

Arts? You can still get into arts even if you fail every subject cant you? Dont you need more like a science degree to become a psychologist?

You can do a Batchelor of Arts majoring in Psychology. But to be a Psychologist you need to do a Batchelor of Psychology. Or do further study after the arts degree to build up the equivilent learning of the Psych degree.

Icarus said:
Better get a haircut before you get a job like that ya hippy!

Arts? You can still get into arts even if you fail every subject cant you? Dont you need more like a science degree to become a psychologist?

A psycologist and a psychiatrist are different things, ones medically recognised, one isn't.

My grandad was a psychiatrist (did Medicine) and my dad was a psychologist (did Social Science).

You need decent marks even to get into Arts these days.....

salty said:
You can do a Batchelor of Arts majoring in Psychology. But to be a Psychologist you need to do a Batchelor of Psychology. Or do further study after the arts degree to build up the equivilent learning of the Psych degree.

If you do an Arts Degree you have to do the 3 year course then 1 year honours in Psychology hence making a 4 year course. If you do the straight Psychology you do a 4 year course. Its exactly the same however the Arts will give me more freedom with subjects. Plus I didn't wanna have to put extra effort in to get 96 UAI.

Anyone done 1st Year Linear Algebra or Differential Calculus at Sydney Uni? What's it like?

It's fucking difficult to get into honours in Psychology, as it's so competitive. You'll have to work your arse off in your degree.