well, i never thought i'd be asking this

goatschool

Sep 12, 2002
www.youtube.com
does rob zombie have something against marilyn manson? no? how do they view each other? snipes, or respect, or?

the song on 1000 corpses sounds an awful lot like something i interpret MM as sounding like, almost a jab or something like this.

i am NOT a girl.

as much as i profess to disliking 1000 corpses, i can't get sid haig's performance out of my head.

i love the opening 10 minutes, even the sheri moon parts, up until karen black shows up.

sig haig #1

Well I know that Trent got them signed to Interscope and then produced the first three CDs. AntiChrist Superstar is totally Trent and Dave Ogilvie's creation more than MM's so I wouldn't think there is a rift there.

As for MM and Rob Zombie I have no idea, they probably think the other is ridiculous because they have such different world view and life philosophy.

Reznor discovered MM. Then their friendship fell apart pretty completely, to the point that R. apparently wrote Star Fuckers Inc on the Fragile album about M. Then all of a sudden they were good again.

Captain Spaulding: You miserable motherfucker, I ought to leap over this counter and bash your fuckin' balls in.

Killer Karl: All right, Tippy, hand over the cash box and I might leave your brains inside your skull.

Captain Spaulding: Well, I'll tell you what, Ski King, why don't you just take your Mama home some chicken and then I won't have to stuff my boot all up in ya ass.

Killer Karl: I don't like chicken. And, I hate clowns.

Killer Karl: That is it! I'm gonna count to ten and you're gonna hand over all the cash, or I'm gonna splater your grease paint mug all over from here to the state line! One...

Captain Spaulding: Fuck yo mama!

Killer Karl: Two...

Captain Spaulding: Fuck yo sister!

Killer Karl: Three...

Captain Spaulding: Fuck yo grandma!

Also to further derail this topic... Newbury Comics gave out a 7" w/ early purchases of Rob Zombie's first solo disc.

I saw this movie in the theatre with my friend Geoff, and he delivered quite possibly the best heckle of all time. Movie ends, fade to black.

Fade in: "The End"

Geoff (loud enough to be heard by the entire theatre): "Uh, question mark?"

Fade in: "?"

for some reason i've put off watching the trailers or reading much about the plot, but i'm all for RZ progressing as a filmmaker.

can you fill me in?

i think 1000C was way off as far as what i consider a good genre movie, but hell.

i think sheri moon can develop into an awesome personality and i think they're bringing in mary woronov for some part? that will rule.

I thought 1000C was a worthy attempt at the genre, especially since there has been so few of those in the past few years. I thought RZ was spot on visually, ambience wise was ok, but story wise was weak.