Well i ordered it

Not only is the Profire 2626 cheaper, but it has another 8 channels of ADAT, and its Line-Ins actually bypass the pres, unlike the 003+ iirc

The only disadvantage really is I don't think you can get the Factory plugins, but I have no idea if those are worthwhile anyhow.

I have neither a 003 or a Profire, but that was my rationale when I was seriously considering the 2626 (which I still am considering, actually)

Not only is the Profire 2626 cheaper, but it has another 8 channels of ADAT, and its Line-Ins actually bypass the pres, unlike the 003+ iirc
Yeah, I'm sure I read that somewhere too which made me change my mind about the 003+ straight away.

The only disadvantage really is I don't think you can get the Factory plugins, but I have no idea if those are worthwhile anyhow.

I have neither a 003 or a Profire, but that was my rationale when I was seriously considering the 2626 (which I still am considering, actually)

I plan on getting two 2626s (just to keep the preamps the same across the board when tracking drums) and am also considering the new Music Production Toolkit, but I dunno if this comes with all of the same plugins as the 003+ Factory?

well my partner mixes better in cubase so were going to get all the tracking and editing in protools untill we both get comfy with mixing in it and learn a lot of the cool tricks. so the mixing is just going to be in cubebase for a short time.

Yeah, I'm sure I read that somewhere too which made me change my mind about the 003+ straight away.
Yeah, that was part of my rationale, but I think price was the biggest factor. Cheaper price, more features, supposedly better sound, and an interface that will work for general Windows sound, not just DAW.
To be fair, a lot of units don't bypass the pres on the line in. The 2626 is actually one of the only ones I can think of that does. My Alesis interface doesn't (although it has an insert on each channel, which does), Mackie units don't (800R, 1200F), and my Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 doesn't. I didn't know about that when I bought my Focusrite, though I doubt it would have changed my decision to buy it. For some reason, I hold such a feature against Digi, though :lol:
I plan on getting two 2626s (just to keep the preamps the same across the board when tracking drums) and am also considering the new Music Production Toolkit, but I dunno if this comes with all of the same plugins as the 003+ Factory?

Yeah, I'm not sure man.

Melodeath: What DAW are you running at the moment?
I'm moving to PT8 + toolkit simply to ease my workflow (Beat Detective) but I just hope it doesn't screw me in the mixing process. It does seem to come with much more plugins than before though, so I'm happy about that. Plus, Digidesign's plugins never seem to rape the computer as much as 3rd party ones do.
I am moving away from ampsims and will have my first tube amp (Krank Rev Jr) soon thanks to Mark (MetalJonesy) and as discussed earlier in this thread, I'll be picking up a 6505 later this year - I'm not even a guitarist! :lol:
Why are you guys moving to PT?

Melodeath: What DAW are you running at the moment?
I'm moving to PT8 + toolkit simply to ease my workflow (Beat Detective) but I just hope it doesn't screw me in the mixing process. It does seem to come with much more plugins than before though, so I'm happy about that. Plus, Digidesign's plugins never seem to rape the computer as much as 3rd party ones do.
I am moving away from ampsims and will have my first tube amp (Krank Rev Jr) soon thanks to Mark (MetalJonesy) and as discussed earlier in this thread, I'll be picking up a 6505 later this year - I'm not even a guitarist! :lol:
Why are you guys moving to PT?

dude going from digital amps to real tube amps is a good change. i love digital amps and sims. but just something about the response and feel of a tube amp sounds better. and i like protools cause it is really easy to use.

Yeah, I'm thinking that I might have to pick up a decent guitar just to have around here to go with the amps too (the guitars I have atm are terrible).
The editing in PT is enough to make me want it so bad, no other DAW can touch it in that regard.