Well, it's about 10 years too late...

The only way you could get me to pay $99 for this show is if the doors to the venue were fucking time machines that took everyone who walks through them back to 1985 and when you saw the stage, there were cross tombstones from the Master of Puppets set and Cliff Burton was in the house ready to play.

Metallica indeed still puts on a decent show, but this whole ordeal to me is akin to 60+ year old former NFL players getting together to play a slow paced, geriatric game of football and call it one of the best games of all time.

If anything, this show should be cheaper than it would have been in '85 because the quality of product being delivered is not nearly as good now as it was then. Meh.

The only way you could get me to pay $99 for this show is if the doors to the venue were fucking time machines that took everyone who walks through them back to 1985 and when you saw the stage, there were cross tombstones from the Master of Puppets set and Cliff Burton was in the house ready to play.

Metallica indeed still puts on a decent show, but this whole ordeal to me is akin to 60+ year old former NFL players getting together to play a slow paced, geriatric game of football and call it one of the best games of all time.

If anything, this show should be cheaper than it would have been in '85 because the quality of product being delivered is not nearly as good now as it was then. Meh.

this.

I did see the show in the theaters back in June to see what it was all about. It was ok. I had fun because I took my Dad with me. He walked out going "some of those Megadeth and Slayer songs I really liked."

best musicians on the show: (well it's not like anyone couldn't guess these)
drummer - dave lombardo
singer - joey belladona
lead guitarist - Chris broderick
bass player - Rob Trujillo
rhythm guitarist - jeff hanneman/kerry king

based on that show, for rhythm guitarist playing thrash metal up against metallica, megadeth and anthrax....I'd say so. He may be a boring, overrated lead guitarist but Slayer is a rhythm assault.