Well, it's official!

DTJeff

I Am My Nation
Oct 7, 2007
Allentown, PA
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, I've been posting here a while and often make mention of the fact that I have never had the pleasure of being to ProgPower, I'm just a huge fan of the general musical bracket. Well, I'm happy to announce that after (seriously) years of swearing I was going to go the festival each year, this year is finally THE year for me.

I'd especially like to thank Imaskinbeater, for without him I wouldn't have decided to take the plunge and take his extra tickets off of his hands. So now, given him my word of payment (with cash soon to follow), I am officially committing, which is always the most difficult step for me. Due to recent announcements, I have confirmed I don't plan to attend Wednesday, and Thursday is still very much depending on a headliner I really like (we'll see), so the cost of the trip overall is starting to whittle down, thankfully. I have to say I don't whole-heartedly love the Friday/Saturday (particularly Saturday) roster, but nevertheless, over 3 years ago I did swear to myself that if Nocturnal Rites ever came back to America, I was going to be there, and I intend to keep that promise. Not to mention that I have been absolutely obsessed with Seventh Wonder since getting into them about a year ago. These two bands alone justify the trip for myself. That's not to say I'm not excited for others - really looking forward to DGM and Stormwarrior, as well Illusion Suite. I've seen Kamelot and Hammerfall before - was disappointed with Kamelot and have grown out of Hammerfall a lot in the passing years, but nevertheless always great to see a band I like, and I'm sure I'll enjoy seeing them both again. Regarding the other bands, some of them just aren't for me. That being said, if anyone has Tarot recommendations, open fire please.

So, with those opinions out in the open, I have a few other random thoughts. If anyone has any suggestions for affordable lodging for the trip, please speak up. Ideally I'd prefer a combination of cheap(er) and convenience. A lot of you guys go all the time and probably have some experience in the are and might be able to throw me some recommendations.

That all being said - I am incredibly excited to finally make this happen, and as much as I look forward to all the brilliant music, I look forward to meeting a lot of you guys as well, so feel free to approach me when the time comes.

See you guys in Atlanta in 7 months!
-Jeff

if anyone has Tarot recommendations, open fire please.

1) Suffer Our Pleasures
2) For the Glory of Nothing
3) Crows Fly Black

The order might vary from person to person, but I think almost everyone's list of Tarot recommendations would include two of those three.

If anyone has any suggestions for affordable lodging for the trip, please speak up. Ideally I'd prefer a combination of cheap(er) and convenience. A lot of you guys go all the time and probably have some experience in the are and might be able to throw me some recommendations.

Unless you can get a room at the Super 8, lodging near the venue tends to run the gamut from expensive to very expensive. That said, quite often there are people from this forum looking to share lodging in order to save money. And it's worth it to stay nearby, because that's where all the action (by which I mean "parties") is. :) There are other ways to limit your expenditures: wait until the sale fares start popping up before you buy your airplane ticket; visit a grocery store and stock up on some food/booze for the room instead of eating out a lot; stick to a strict merchandise budget (but allow yourself a little cushion, just in case you come across that elusive Seventh Wonder t-shirt you've been wanting!); keep the boozing at the venue to a minimum; take the MARTA (train) or the hotel shuttle instead of a cab whenever necessary.

It will be good to see you there finally Jeff. As to Lodging, The Nightmare Records crew stay at The Days Inn on Northridge Drive, about 1.5 miles from the venue, a cab is about $5 one way no matter how many are in the cab, the cost of the Hotel is between $48 to $62 a night. It is not the fanciest hotel, but it is clean, and the staff is nice, plus there is a waffle house right there on site.

Jeff, you don't have to thank me. It's my pleasure! We're like one big family here :headbang:

I foresee a problem with you coming this year though. You're gonna want to come back every year after this, so you better start saving some money :p :lol:

Congrats and it is addicting. It has become like Christmas for me, it is the one thing I look foward to all year long.

Welcome aboard, Jeff, you're gonna have a great time!

It will be good to see you there finally Jeff. As to Lodging, The Nightmare Records crew stay at The Days Inn on Northside Drive, about 1.5 miles from the venue, a cab is about $5 one way no matter how many are in the cab, the cost of the Hotel is between $48 to $62 a night. It is not the fanciest hotel, but it is clean, and the staff is nice, plus there is a waffle house right there on site.

Road name corrected.

At least it isn't on Peachtree Street. Road. Battle. Something. :confused: :saint:

Welcome to the festival! PPUSA XI marks my 8th straight of these festivals attended. It is always like an early birthday/Christmas present for me! I started looking forward to XI the day after X ended!

My tickets came today! Again, big thanks to Andy (Imaskinbeater). Feels so incredibly great to know that after years of broken promises and failed attempts and ideas - I'm finally gonna be there this year!