what band are you most looking forward to at PPXI

This year's roster is a rather odd one for me, so it's difficult to answer the question. Normally I'd say Kamelot. However, I've seen them a number of times, they tour constantly, and I don't think of them as a great live band. If this were 1999, I'd say HammerFall, as I loved those first two discs. However, I haven't enjoyed anything they've released since, and I don't expect they'll play much from those first two discs. There are a number of bands I enjoy, who have an opportunity to take my appreciation for them to the next level; DGM, Oceans of Sadness, Tarot and Leave's Eyes. There are also a few bands who I think may put on an awesome show and make me a fan, even though their discs have never clicked for me... Seventh Wonder, Nocturnal Rites and StormWarrior. If I was forced to answer the question, I might have to say I'm most looking forward to the Ross the Boss set. While I've never heard his solo material, he and Scott playing classic Manowar is tough to beat.

If this were 1999, I'd say HammerFall, as I loved those first two discs. However, I haven't enjoyed anything they've released since,

I totally second that!

The first two discs really got me hooked but wtf happened then?
Hearts on fire and Renegade.... Those two singles scared me away.

I did like the single off of Chapter V though.

Anyway, any tracks from GTtB or LoK will set me off into a spin

I totally second that!

The first two discs really got me hooked but wtf happened then?
Hearts on fire and Renegade.... Those two singles scared me away.

I did like the single off of Chapter V though.

Anyway, any tracks from GTtB or LoK will set me off into a spin

Agreed.

However their newest release is pretty strong, not really like their early stuff, but more like the middle stuff actually done well.

This year's roster is a rather odd one for me, so it's difficult to answer the question. Normally I'd say Kamelot. However, I've seen them a number of times, they tour constantly, and I don't think of them as a great live band.

I thought I was the only one that thought this. I remember before my first Kamelot concert, people stating that they are an awesome live act. After I saw them I didn't get that feeling. I don't think they're bad by any means, but I feel their live presentation is overrated.

I've seen Kamelot three times (so far). One of them was kinda bleh, one of them was medium-good, and one of them was flat-out amazing. The one time that they were firing on all cylinders is enough for me to keep my hopes up. I know how good they CAN be, but they don't always reach that level. Hopefully PP will be one of those times.

It is also difficult for me to single out a single band in particular. I'll probably get pelted with stones for this but I'm not very well-versed in Manowar's material so I'm intrigued by the Ross the Boss show on Wednesday. Thursday, I am especially excited about Leprous and Accept (the latter because it's been 20+ years since I last saw them and I think the new album kicks ass). Friday and Saturday I'm pretty much looking forward to everyone. I've seen Kamelot multiple times and have enjoyed their live shows each time. While I prefer HammerFall's older stuff the newer stuff doesn't bother me (but "Hearts on Fire" does hahaha). I never thought I'd get to see Tarot live so I am very much looking forward to that. The more I hear Oceans of Sadness the more I like them. If DGM plays to their potential I will no doubt have to sit in a bucket of ice the remainder of the evening they play because it seems they are quite capable of a serious ass kicking. Over the years I've heard many people dismiss Leaves' Eyes but I really like them and am looking forward to seeing them again. And as always there will some bands that come out of nowhere and win me over so I enjoy seeing bands that I initially know little to nothing about.

Here, I'll let Last.fm break things down for me :)

andstuff.png

This'll be my first time seeing any band from Europe live ^_^