well, shit! MDB news!

I listened to Inferno... and really, I'm not liking it too much. The chick singing sounds good in places, but there are other places where she seems to be hitting notes that my brain says "NO!" in response to. I don't get "doom" from this, though... Maybe if you could link me to a track that you think best represents the band as a whole... I didn't hear any violins, either. I just heard synth stuff.

I listened to Inferno... and really, I'm not liking it too much.

An old track prior to me being in the band, different singer, etc. I do like the song though.

Prior to that (Myriad CD), we had a flautist instead of violinist.

I don't get "doom" from this

Yeah we cop that a bit from the COTD mob but then there are many that put us into the Doom category - we definitely aren't COTD Doom and have never claimed to be.

COTD spit on MDB and DoomMetal.com calling it Nu-Doom, etc. - Really sad, all elitists are.

Gothic Metal - Yeah we get that too. We write what we write with the instruments and voices we have, my background is Metal all the way, none of us are goths and goths don't turn up to our shows.

Most recently someone labelled us Atmospheric Doom hence why I put that in there - we consider ourselves a Metal band basically.

Quite a few people mention they can hear MDB in our music so hence why I asked for your opinion since you are a fan.

Maybe if you could link me to a track that you think best represents the band as a whole.

At the moment you'd best listen to the samples from Within the Walls and even that is a bit outdated compared to the stuff we're playing live now.

But then, so is 98% of the metal genre.

I'd say the figure is higher than that.

The first band to play with distortion was original everyone else copied and varied the same theme.

s

I will often times at work, with my radio which most of the entire staff has to wear, hide somewhere, and say "these aren't the droids I'm looking for".

In Inferno, the girl is about a quarter step below the music, Will...which is why your brain as well as everyone else's says NO!!!!

This is run-of-the-mill, stereotypical "female vocalist" goth metal that comes in the mail with free samples of Snuggle and Tide. Next.

Hmmm...maybe I screwed the pooch and clicked on the wrong thingie...I'll give it another shot.

Believe me when I say I want to like a band with such a description!