so, My Dying Bride news (to me). I'm probably the last to find out, but...

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I read this on their Wikipedia page

"Due to Sarah Stanton's pregnancy she has been replaced on keyboards by Katie Stone, announced on June 27 as an official member of the band. Stone is also a trained violinist and will play the parts Martin Powell used to play in live performances. It has been confirmed that she will perform violin on the upcoming album as well. Sarah Stanton is however still listed as a member on the band's official website[10]."

Like I said, I may be the last to find out, but goddamn, this excites me! I've always loved the violin arrangements.

Now, they just have to play at least one show in the US so I can fly there and watch the masters at work.

Hehe, yeah kinda old news! Katie played with MDB when we did Graspop with them, having the violin parts back in the music was pretty awesome. From what I understand, the new cd is almost done so I can't wait to hear their new stuff.

:tickled: I was 9 then that tour happened. April of 1997

MDB is on the top of my list of bands that I have to see live. the rest of the bands are other Euro bands that I doubt will ever come over

If MDB could make enough money playing here to make it worth doing, I'm sure they'd come. It's hard for them when they have jobs and families to support and very little vacation time and funds to do something like a U.S. tour. I know they really want to do it, but until a brave promoter steps up and really makes a worthy offer, I don't think it's gonna happen.

Even if MDB came over and did one big show, I think it'd draw people from all over.

wow. where the fuck have I been?!

It is now almost completly impossible to keep up with all metal news now. The one good thing about Myspace is that I use it mostly for the bulletins that bands send out about little things going on in bands (new disc, line up change, tours). I think you could almost spend half a day each day just tracking this stuff down. Each week I get into a new band so my list of news grows and grows with each passing minute.

MDB is more of a festival band, But I also think they would be able to draw a big crowd if they played a few concerts in the US.

I can't wait to hear the new MDB album..I read that it is going to be their most melodic album yet....:Smokin: