Well

Black Winter Day said:
Belle & Sebastian (the old stuff... and no, I didn't leave the forum to turn gay or anything...)

Howdy Doody.

Actually, I've always been interested in getting me some B&S.....let me know what you think. (I did actually bid for two of their albums on eGay once, thinking nobody's going to want this stuff, then only to be outbid at the last second at which point I just gave up on eBay forever because shit like that just pisses me off).

Also, did you ever get any The Fucking Champs?

J. said:
hey, it's not my fault Katatonia has sucked a huge fat one since BMD. don't get pissed at me. be pissed at the band members for creating such coma-inducing sub-doom rock BS.

Good to know that all is still right with the world! :tickled:

Furious B: what I have is mostly compilation double albums... let's see... Sol Invictus - "The Giddy Whirls of Centuries", Current 93 - "Calling For Vanished Faces", Death In June - "DISCriminate". Each has like... 24 tracks each. :Spin:

Lizard: I don't ride the short bus.

Everyone else: word up!

I want to go to England :)

finished up the Keith Richards bio yesterday. best bit: (other than Keith's various house fires, drug mishaps, etc):

After finding Keith unconcious and convulsing on his bathroom floor, Maggie Trudeau, wife of the Canadian Prime Minister and Keith's seven year old son Marlon get him comfortable and then call the rescue squad.

Maggie reaches over to give Marlon a consoling hug.

"Sod Off!", says the kid.

JayKeeley said:
Howdy Doody.

Hey Jay, you fucking spide! :loco:

Actually, I've always been interested in getting me some B&S.....let me know what you think. (I did actually bid for two of their albums on eGay once, thinking nobody's going to want this stuff, then only to be outbid at the last second at which point I just gave up on eBay forever because shit like that just pisses me off).

Eh, I just did the same thing to someone for "Down Among the Deadmen"... literally outbid them by $.01 at the last minute. As for B&S, the rule is generally to get the first two and pretend the rest never came out. The one I own is "If You're Feeling Sinister" and it's pretty fuckin' mellow and sweet. Sorta happy acoustic-guitar, Syd Barret vocals, horns, tambourines, indie rock stuff. It's stuff you put on on those spring mornings when you REALLY REALLY want to skip class/work... it'll either make you smile or break the CD in half.

Also, did you ever get any The Fucking Champs?

I think the real question is did YOU get any The Fucking Champs? Seriously, this is just riff after riff after lead after riff! I think the one I have is IV (or the one with the Bach cover on it). It ruuuulllesss...

Demilich said:
does the daylight dies singer still have such long hair that he whips crowd members with it when he headbangs? that was awesome

Yes!

Lizard: sweet. One can only imagine what that "kid" is doing now. I've been reading a bunch of novels for class recently. Let's see if I can do a run-down... Alfred Lord Tennyson "Idylls of the King", Jane Austen "Mansfield Park", William Morris "News From Nowhere", HG Wells "The Time Machine", Samuel Bulter "Erewhon"... not to mention Joyce's "Ulysses", which I finished before classes started, and represents the very pinnacle of the english language. ;)

he didn't even start school until he was ten because keith and anita pallenberg were such junkies. but he seems normal today, he's an artist, apparently.
here's him + family
image016.jpg

Black Winter Day said:
Hey Jay, you fucking spide! :loco:

I have no idea what a spide is but I'm laughing anyway. :tickled:

Eh, I just did the same thing to someone for "Down Among the Deadmen"... literally outbid them by $.01 at the last minute.

Yeah yeah, don't get me wrong, this is the essence of eBay. I just can't be arsed with it. Just give me the "buy it now" option and I'll be on my way.

As for B&S, the rule is generally to get the first two and pretend the rest never came out. The one I own is "If You're Feeling Sinister" and it's pretty fuckin' mellow and sweet. Sorta happy acoustic-guitar, Syd Barret vocals, horns, tambourines, indie rock stuff. It's stuff you put on on those spring mornings when you REALLY REALLY want to skip class/work... it'll either make you smile or break the CD in half.

Yes, that is one I bid for. The other one was "Boy with the Arab Strap" or something? I hear such good things about them both, and I like the samples. Sunday morning music like Travis and Swans. :tickled:

I think the real question is did YOU get any The Fucking Champs? Seriously, this is just riff after riff after lead after riff! I think the one I have is IV (or the one with the Bach cover on it). It ruuuulllesss...

Shame on me, for I have not. I have a few MP3s here or there, but yes, I MUST get some.

I'm still devouring their Weakling release, the epic that it is.

JayKeeley said:
I have no idea what a spide is but I'm laughing anyway. :tickled:

My friend from Belfast taught me that one... supposedly it's the UK word for "techno fag".

Yes, that is one I bid for. The other one was "Boy with the Arab Strap" or something? I hear such good things about them both, and I like the samples. Sunday morning music like Travis and Swans. :tickled:

Yeah, but just don't crank up the music too loud, else people will think you're one of those indie fags! :p

I'm still devouring their Weakling release, the epic that it is.

Oh man... is it incredible or what??? I've heard many people complain about the length (sort of like chicks do with me :cool: ), but as I see it... it's hard to have too much of a good thing when the thing is this good! When I listen to it, I take it one track at a time and never really listen to it straight through. It's like there are 5 min-albums on the CD or something. Now if we could only find out where they buried the second LP...

Lovin': new Isis; all Graveland; Agalloch - OS,W,aP (only Aggie you'll ever need); Church of Misery (love 'em!); Monster Magnet; Helheim; the new Primordial; finally comin' around on death metal Aeternus; mid-era Neurosis; 7 Angels 7 Plagues; Pelican's Australasia; 5ive; The Black League; Scald; Arcane Sun, and now I'm starting to get into some obscure folk black pagan metal stuff from obscure countries because of www.vikingblood.net

Hatin': overrated American metal like Lamb of God, God Forbid, Mastodon, DEP; Blood Red Throne and boring death metal; Blut Aus Nord; ................so basically, shit, in general.

Holy hell that site rules!

Church of Misery, The Black League: who?

Agalloch: :befuddledconundrumified:

Pelican: excellent warm weather music.

new Primordial: in the mail!

DEP: I figured you'd be all over these guys. I thought you liked Converge and all that. Maybe it was just Nate...

BWD, you ever pick up any Kyuss? I've been inundating this board with Kyuss and related bands for several months now, don't make me dickslap you into submission as well.

EDIT: Okay, even if you havne't, I won't dickslap you... YET, because you are praising DEP. Huzzah.