Whammy Bar technique!

BlindedByFear

Deserted
Dec 16, 2005
Sweden
Hey guys, can some one explain to me what kind of harmonic Alexi sometimes do with the whammy bar, and how he do? i dont say only Alexi use it, but thought because this was COB bodom someone maybe know?

Thanks

He just does Artificial Harmonics, and uses his whammy. Theres another thread for A.H. though

He does a cool one in In Your Face, just before the verse starts. Push the bar down, flick the string with your left hand and then really quickly put a finger over a fret (natural harmonic, try anything between 2 and 3) and then raise the bar.

just like warheart says push bar down, flick the string, i would suggest you nh on fret 5 or 7.. then raise the bar

<-Warheart-> said:
He does a cool one in In Your Face, just before the verse starts. Push the bar down, flick the string with your left hand and then really quickly put a finger over a fret (natural harmonic, try anything between 2 and 3) and then raise the bar.

i thought roope does it?! correct me if i'm wrong

For the really high ones, do it on higher frets, like 15, and 17.

There's another one too, that fluttery sound, but pull the bar up slightly, and let go, letting it shake back and forth. sounds weird.

I know Alexi does one on In Your Face on fret 2-4 because he shows you on the new Young Guitar DVD, but of course it is possible to do it practically anywhere so experiement and find ones that you like.

bobvex said:
There's another one too, that fluttery sound, but pull the bar up slightly, and let go, letting it shake back and forth. sounds weird.

Thats the one!! I've been trying to figure that out for soo long now...

You rock man :headbang:

I'm not sure when COB have used this but they probley have. If you do a natural harmonic on the 3rd fret and push down on the whammy it gives a cool slide. G is the best string to do it on. THey use it at the end of fight fire with fire by metallica and it sounds awesome.