What 2012 albums are you looking forward too?

Cronopio

Glorious Imperator
Oct 16, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.cronopio.se
Yeah, as the title suggest, what are you salivating over?

Mine (so far):

Feb 2012 Land of the Crimson Dawn (Freedom Call)
Feb 2012 TBA (Dragonforce)
March/April 2012 Welcome to the Theatre (ReinXeed)
May? 2012 TBA (Luca Turilli's Rhapsody)

As you can see, the ever prolific ReinXeed will be back, apparently. Don't know how he manages to keep such a furious pace, but I'll be all over this naturally.

Didn't ReinXeed just release a new album this year? Dang!

Looking forward to Freedom Call, Dragonforce, Stratovarius (possibly - if they get their new drummer and finish writing/recording, since they plan on writing early next year), Sonata Arctica, Luca Turilli, that new Nightwish once it gets out in the USA, Kamelot (expected release date sometime in September)... that's all I can think of right now.

EDIT: Oh, apparently the new Dragonforce album is called "The Power Within"... yeah.

Primal Fear - Unbreakable - '20th January 2012'
Freedom Call - Land of the Crimson Dawn, 'February 2012'
Also ReinXeed - Welcome to the Theatre

Unisonic - debut album - projected sometime 2012
Helloween - new album - projected sometime 2012
Judas Priest - new album - projected sometime 2012
Sonata Arctica - new album - projected sometime 2012
Dragonforce 5th album - projected sometime 2012
Psychotic Waltz - new album - projected sometime 2012

Also up in the air:

Metallica 10th album
Masterplan - new album in production
Kamelot - new album - release date next year
Muse - new album in production
Luca Turilli - 4th album

:headbang:

I've ordered the new Wolfsbane album, due out start of January

I know that Delain should be releasing their 3rd album at some point next year

Not sure about much else due out, but based on the above (cheers for the list Dom!), it would definitely include Muse, Sonata Arctica, Judas Priest, Helloween and Masterplan

Didn't ReinXeed just release a new album this year? Dang!

Looking forward to Freedom Call, Dragonforce, Stratovarius (possibly - if they get their new drummer and finish writing/recording, since they plan on writing early next year), Sonata Arctica, Luca Turilli, that new Nightwish once it gets out in the USA, Kamelot (expected release date sometime in September)... that's all I can think of right now.

EDIT: Oh, apparently the new Dragonforce album is called "The Power Within"... yeah.

If that does end up being the new Dragonforce album title, then it's a ridiculously big improvement over the likes of "Ultra Beatdown" and "Twilight Dementia" at least.

As for anticipated albums of 2012, pretty much Dom's list and ones that others have mentioned.

Oh yeah, count me in for the Unisonic album too. Kai Hansen and Michael Kiske... DROOL.

AAAH possible new SA next year.
But definitely also looking forward to the new Kamelot.. I've been out of the scene for a while with these guys, do they have a new vocalist? (Well, have they announced it?)

AAAH possible new SA next year.
But definitely also looking forward to the new Kamelot.. I've been out of the scene for a while with these guys, do they have a new vocalist? (Well, have they announced it?)

They don't. In fact I was looking at their website yesterday and couldn't find any announcement of them auditioning singers until they briefly mentioned that they were looking through audition videos... so they must have had a select few vocalists in mind to fill Khan's shoes! This will be very interesting and I'm extremely excited to see what direction they go in (if they do something new) since they've thus far made the darkest power metal I've ever heard -- and I love it.

I'm looking forward to new albums from:
Rush
Epica
Sonata Arctica
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody
Helloween
Kamelot
DragonForce
Circus Maximus
Blind Guardian
Storm Corrosion (Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt)
Porcupine Tree
Black Sabbath
Metallica (well, will be interested anyway)
Devin Townsend (Releasing Ziltoid 2, Ghost 2, Epicloud and Live DVD's!!)

Wait, is that the orchestral thing? It's finally coming out?

This:

For his fourth solo album, Turilli plans to make a tribute to the power metal band Helloween, an imaginary Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part 4 as he said. He will introduce more power metal elements, a giant orchestra and some guests

A lot of the ones I'm looking forward too has already been mentioned, but my number 1 is Luca Turilli's new one, which apparently will be called ASCENDING TO INFINITY!

Mostly, I'm looking forward to Ascension's "Far Beyond The Stars" album, which I have already pre-ordered and been hooked on since the first day I listened to them; which again was just recently.