What a great day I had yesterday.

Dead_Lioness

Godless
May 31, 2002
Arlington, Virginia
Visit site
The simple things in life that just make a normal day to be a *GREAT* one.
It snowed like CRAZY yesterday. The good kind of snow that sticks and makes everything spactacular!
So, my good friend Magen, who lives pretty close to me came over, and we walked in the snow to our local Lost Dog cafe (google it! they have 300 beers!)
Then we walked home and took poochie for a walk... my entire neighborhood was out- it was so much fun. We grabbed beers and walks outside, it was just so beautiful and white.....

SundaySnow01.JPG

SundaySnow02.JPG

SundaySnow03.JPG

SundaySnow04.JPG

SundaySnow05.JPG

SundaySnow06.JPG

SundaySnow07.JPG

SundaySnow08.JPG

Hoegaarden on the short cut to the park:

SundaySnow09.JPG

>>>>>>>>>>

whenever i talk to one of my parents or siblings, they talk about how crazy hard that area got hit with snow and ice, meanwhile Pittsburgh got nothing.

it was really cold and the branches of all the trees and bushes were encased in ice and that was reallllllly cool, though.

They not only serve a million of beers and a million different sandwiches (look at the menue online)
but they have a foundation for Lost dogs and stray cats... what they do is amazing... they adopt the dogs and cats that can't find a home in a shelter - meaning: the ones that are keep being adopted but always come back to the shelter because the dog/ cat is wild, or was abused and can't be social/ or simply: "LOST"
It is such a great cause.
They save the ones that have no "hope" in the shelter and they find good homes for them. I have many friends that have "lost dogs" and they are amazing.

anyhoo.... on the same street they opened the Lost Dog Cafe and at the same block: Stray Cat cafe. It's really unique and the food is GREAT and atmosphire is awesome- and you know that by going there:
10% of what you pay goes towards a great cause.

Those are awesome pictures Karen! It snowed here today and it was really beautiful. I only snapped a couple of shots because I have strep throat (thanks to the wonderful amazing little 4 year old beings who I work with at an early childhood center haha), but your pictures are just lovely! I love when everything is covered in snow, it looks so quiet and peaceful. Those pups look like they're having a blast :-D

i work in snow removal and just worked an 18 hour shift, i worked a 21 hour shift last week, i've seen enough for this year thank you very much:lol:

Looks like you got everything we've gotten the last few months all in one day. Glad you had fun :)

They not only serve a million of beers and a million different sandwiches (look at the menue online)
but they have a foundation for Lost dogs and stray cats... what they do is amazing... they adopt the dogs and cats that can't find a home in a shelter - meaning: the ones that are keep being adopted but always come back to the shelter because the dog/ cat is wild, or was abused and can't be social/ or simply: "LOST"
It is such a great cause.
They save the ones that have no "hope" in the shelter and they find good homes for them. I have many friends that have "lost dogs" and they are amazing.

anyhoo.... on the same street they opened the Lost Dog Cafe and at the same block: Stray Cat cafe. It's really unique and the food is GREAT and atmosphire is awesome- and you know that by going there:
10% of what you pay goes towards a great cause.
really nice to know there is a place like that. :)

Something about the fresh coldness of snow and beautiful faces pinched red with frost just makes me smile.

To paraphrase the Smiths; those alcholic afternoons thrashing about in the snow meant more to me than any living thing on earth.

Thanks Karen!