What a Night!!!

lifesadream

Jul 21, 2004
atlanta,ga
Mercenary and Evergrey back to back was unreal. What a kick ass one two punch. And seeing Glenn dive off the stage and crowd surf during Cowboys from Hell was awesome. Both bands were great and I really really thought Mercenary ripped the stage apart and Evergrey finished the night the way a great band does it. Cant wait for tonight.

lifesadream said:
Mercenary and Evergrey back to back was unreal. What a kick ass one two punch. And seeing Glenn dive off the stage and crowd surf during Cowboys from Hell was awesome. Both bands were great and I really really thought Mercenary ripped the stage apart and Evergrey finished the night the way a great band does it. Cant wait for tonight.

I went to two marriage proposals and an Evergrey concert broke out! :)

Seriously, they put one one HELL of a show! How long was their set? Over 2 hours it seemed.

Diamond45 said:

Seriously, they put one one HELL of a show! How long was their set? Over 2 hours it seemed.

Haha! I'm guessing that means you were at the Jaxx show a few months ago. It's pretty cool that Evergrey really seems to enjoy making the "love connection" between so many of their fans. Haha! :kickass:

I think Evergrey played for 3 hours last night 11:30 - 2:30. Amazing show! The quartet was beautiful and the set was amazing! :headbang:

I actually think it was a little over 2 hours. I dont think they went on until after midnight. All the times seemed to be off by like 15 to 20 minutes or so.

Yeah, Evergrey took the stage at 12:15 - 45 minutes late... everybody was running long. They played until 2:30, and it was an absolutely fantastic 2 hour and 15 minute set... I'm thrilled that they played The Shocking Truth for the first time!

For my first time seeing Evergrey, I was blown away and am so glad I made the trip to Atlanta.

Mercenary also kicked my ass last night... hell, all the bands were awesome yesterday. Pyramaze, Savage Circus, Freak Kitchen, Mercenary and Evergrey brutalized the crowd and I'm still reeling today. I can't wait to see what's in store for tonight.

See you all at the show!

Diamond45 said:

HAHA! classic!

I was seriously impressed with it. Although I was completely exhausted by the end of the night and had to finally leave the floor, it was astounding.
I was completely thrown off to hear/see them play When The Walls Go Down, which is for some strange reason my favorite track off Inner Circle despite having no sung lyrics. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME, though I think somebody cranked up the fog machine too much for that one. :erk:

Haha no kidding, I heard that quote bandied around yesterday during Day II. You got people talking :-D.
But honestly, after Freak Kitchen I thought Holy Crap, who could top that? Oh wait, Mercenary can totally handle it. And then when Glenn stagedived (right next to little ole me!) during Cowboys from Hell and they closed with 11 Dreams, I wondered if the night could get any better. Then I remembered: STRING QUARTET!

I know I've said this before, but I was just blown away.

BlackRoseMetalHeart said:
Haha! I'm guessing that means you were at the Jaxx show a few months ago. It's pretty cool that Evergrey really seems to enjoy making the "love connection" between so many of their fans. Haha! :kickass:

I think Evergrey played for 3 hours last night 11:30 - 2:30. Amazing show! The quartet was beautiful and the set was amazing! :headbang:

Nope, they went on it was past 12 I believe. I may be wrong though.

mtndewqueen88 said:
Then I remembered: STRING QUARTET!

I know I've said this before, but I was just blown away.

Come on now, the string quartet kind of let me down. They only stayed for what, 4 songs ? =\

Evergrey was awesome! It was so cool to hear "She speaks to the dead" and the string quartet sounded so sweet.

Now, on to the most asskicking band of the night, Mercenary!!!! From the opening song of "Redefine Me" to "World Hate Center," Pantera's CFH cover and "11 Dreams" the crowd was rocking and yelling the words loud enough to give me chills. FUCKING AWESOME SET. These guys gave us one hell of a show...Jakob's and Martin's guitars should have burst into flames from the shredding, Mike's drumheads must have been made of steel and Rene sounded absolutely evil on the growls. And those two Sandager boys...Morten's keys were outstanding and Mikkel's vox....I thought his carotid was going to pop out of his neck....these guys have come so far from IV. Fuckin' Metal is all I can say!

guardian26 said:
Now, on to the most asskicking band of the night, Mercenary!!!! From the opening song of "Redefine Me" to "World Hate Center," Pantera's CFH cover and "11 Dreams" the crowd was rocking and yelling the words loud enough to give me chills. FUCKING AWESOME SET. These guys gave us one hell of a show...Jakob's and Martin's guitars should have burst into flames from the shredding, Mike's drumheads must have been made of steel and Rene sounded absolutely evil on the growls. And those two Sandager boys...Morten's keys were outstanding and Mikkel's vox....I thought his carotid was going to pop out of his neck....these guys have come so far from IV. Fuckin' Metal is all I can say!

Completely agree.

Mercenary deserves to headliner ProgPower. They're phenomenal musicians and a kick ass bunch of guys! BRING THEM BACK!

I completely agree with this. Mercenary blew my face off...best performance of the entire weekend. I want to see these guys again except in a headlining spot next time