New Metal Member
Apr 29, 2003
Québec
Hi,

Has i know, Testament didnt have a DVD.
Really sad!

I heard that the Dynamo show was filmed and buy by
a TV channel.

You can see this on Steve Digiorgio web page.

Why they don't do it as DVD its was filmed....

thx!

Personally, if they release a dvd they should do something different. Instead of releasing a tradiotional recent concert like every other fucking band does (booooring!) they should do more of a "Cliff Em All" style video. They should dig deep into the archives and put together a career spanning compilation of clips from all different shows throughout the years. It would be the best way to go, especially considering all the killer line up changes! Add a second disc with interview clips throughout the years as well as all the promo videos and you've got the best possible dvd fans could ask for....period!

Personally, if they release a dvd they should do something different. Instead of releasing a tradiotional recent concert like every other fucking band does (booooring!) they should do more of a "Cliff Em All" style video. They should dig deep into the archives and put together a career spanning compilation of clips from all different shows throughout the years. It would be the best way to go, especially considering all the killer line up changes! Add a second disc with interview clips throughout the years as well as all the promo videos and you've got the best possible dvd fans could ask for....period!
I couldn't agree more, HOTU.

Yeah, that's probably way unrealistic...what I'd like to see is something like Overkill's DVD. The first disc has a concert (filmed here in SF, naturally :D ), the second has a bio/interview interspersed with whatever bootlegs, promos, and other old clips they can get their hands on.

Pyrus said:
Yeah, that's probably way unrealistic...what I'd like to see is something like Overkill's DVD. The first disc has a concert (filmed here in SF, naturally :D ), the second has a bio/interview interspersed with whatever bootlegs, promos, and other old clips they can get their hands on.
Wrong, the Overkill show was in NJ !
But I agree, Overkill DVD is great (sound is fantastic) and I think Testament should do something is a same way. 2nd DVD full of interviews, bio, footages, clips, ...

How is it unrealistic?? Do you think Metallica BOUGHT the footage on Cliff em ALL from tv stations?

Do you guys have any idea how many fan filmed shows as well as shows that were filmed atleast semi-professionally Eric and Chuck probably have in their private archives? Shit man I have about 20 TestAmenT shows myself spanning their career, and Im just a fan. It would actually be much less expensive than to go out and film a current show for them to put together a compilation of live footage. We'd get to see a little of each and every tour and all the fantastic line up changes that they had throughout right up through the present.

THAT would KICK ASS!!!!!

I can already see the dvd menu , w/ Each chapter covering live footage, interviews etc from every year. The guys are working on the new record and the dvd idea probably isn't a priority for them , but it's cool to think that we may see a dvd , someday.

That was a grammar mistake...I meant the first disc of the Testament DVD would be filmed in SF, naturally. My bad.

How many of those bootleg vids are DVD quality, though, Hunger? I'd rather see a new performance with good sound and picture..and personally, I'm kind of a continuity freak. Nothing annoys me more than live CDs that fade out and fade in again on every track; I prefer full performances. But I don't see why they can't do both as a double-disc.

I'd rather see the band's evolution on the 1st disc (we all seem to agree what should be included on the second one, don't we?), than just a "normal" gig. Most fans have seen them live at least once, but only few had the honour to watch them play on every tour, see all those killer line-ups,behold how the band was evolving and becoming more and more mature. Wouldn't you like to see The Legacy in the early days (if it's ever been filmed, that is) or The New Order tour, Alex's last concerts with the band, Testament with Paul or Dave, compare Dynamo '87 and 2000, see them at Wacken, Brasil and Japan, with Slayer or Death Angel, Vader and Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Vio-lence? I surely would and hope something like this will ever happen. I'm certain that the band and DE have tons of it filmed and that it will be released one day. It just takes time to select what's the most interesting and put it all together and, as hiddenlegions said, the new record is the definite priority now, so we just need to be patient.

And I just want to add that even if they released 7 DVDs, I'd buy them all just to be able to see as much of the Legacy as is possible (even if that would mean that I'd have to quit eating for a few months):)

Ok, here's my 2 cents:

First dvd: interviews, live footage of any kind with the band....

Second dvd: One show that is made with different clips of early shows.......and a full new show with the current line up cause I have to see S. DiGiorgio on that stage.

That's it