What am I doing wrong? Amplitudes(sample)

DIOBOLIC5150

I think I broke something
Jul 18, 2004
Hey everyone..
I wrote and recorded a song this weekend, but I can't get it right.
Every time I lay something down, it seems like the finished product is more quiet than the average song. I don't really know why considering it's normalized, compressed and limited to 0db. That's where it should be, right?? Maybe it's one of the tracks that needs to be brought up in the mix? A frequency that needs to be boosted? You never want to go above 0db, just sort of bounce off of the mark while staying within a couple decibles below 0 at all times...right? I know that if it's above -3db it might not play correctly in an older cd player, but thats not an issue for me, so it's not a big deal. I just want the song to jump out a little more. Maybe Almighty Andy has a couple pointers for a novice. I hope this makes sense... i know what i mean.. :D

Maybe theres something I need to learn about amplitude here.
Here's the song http://www.hxcmp3.com/Marro
Also, I'm very open to any other suggestions to make it sound better. Forgive the sloppy guitar playing though, it's still a work in progress. :loco:

Genius Gone Insane said:
yeah i don't know about the shit you're asking, but the shit sounds good to me...well recorded, and the song is good too, impressive. where are the vocals?

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I personally think it sounds kinda crappy. Thats probably because I've heard it over and over though. :ill:
I'm working on the vocals. Recording those are the hardest part for me. Any pointers? What style vocals would you suggest? I can growl, scream... ect.

i think vocals should be like the music, changing always, maybe half growl, then some clean vox...if you can do it, maybe melodic harmonies would sound rad...just fuck around with it and i think you've definitely got something. you've definitely got a unique sound, i'll give you that much...

good luck