What amps were used on Behemoth's "Demigod" album?

Remy_5150

Aug 31, 2006
While I think the Apostasy is a better album, and I love the rawness of the mix, the guitar tone on Demigod is MUCH clearer.

The fact that they did four tracks of rhythms through three amps for each take (so that is 12 rhythm guitar tracks if each cab has only one mic on it) on the Apostasy makes Demigod's tone even more impressive, as it sounds bigger and more open, even though I assume Demigod has less rhythm guitar tracks on it.

I've seen all the webisodes for the recording of the Apostasy, but does anyone have any info on the recording of Demigod? I know that Bergstrand mixed the Apostasy, and that he tracked and mixed Demigod, so I'm sure thats a factor...but any other info would be very much appreciated.

there's video's on youtube of them making the album and they go trhough the amps used on it. he has a custom nergal amp. the vids are worth checking out if you like the album- they are totally devoted

there's video's on youtube of them making the album and they go trhough the amps used on it. he has a custom nergal amp. the vids are worth checking out if you like the album- they are totally devoted

like I Said, I saw the videos for the making of The Apostasy, thats what you are talking about. I was referring to the making of the album Demigod.

Thank Poidaobi for the info

also, he doesn't use the custom Nergal amp on the Apostasy, if you watch the video, the guy making the amp said he wished he knew that they were recording because he had not finished it by then