What are some of your "go to" plugins?

My go to plugs:

All: Statson
EQ: URS SSL/Nomad factory NEQ 1972
Comp: URS 1980/T Racks opto/Transient Monster
Reverb: SIR 2 / Breverb
Delay: Nomad factory BT tempo delay DL3d
2 Bus: Still using Ozone 4 (haven't upgraded)
Others: Vintage Warmer 2/ Melodyne

I have others, but these are my current go to plugs. Kind of a shame really, I bought all of the URS plugs except the tape emulation and the ch strip and only grab for that one compressor and the SSL emulation. I almost never use any of the other eqs (and there is pultec and other nice stuff in there as well, I just don't use it much).

• Free-G for proper gain staging, if a plugin doesn't have volume output knob
  • Satson for its lovely meter and filters, and mild coloration
  • StripBus for coloration and 'analogize'- ing (Sknote make great stuff, really cheap too)
  • eQuality as a workhorse eq
  • NobleQ for coloring EQ (and the lowend trick from time to time :) )
  • Duende SSL channel for eq&comp duties (used on every mix)
  • CLA 2A&76, Rocket and C6 for compression tasks
  • RVox often ends up as an insert on vox channel, L1 as well
  • Bass rider for riding fat bitches
  • Pro-G and SPL t.designer end up on drums always
  • Valhalla Room and Echoboy for time effects
  • Klanghelm VUMT (really cheap) for metering, it's great
  • Freq Analyst/Voxengo SPAN (both free) for spectrum analysis, when I need it
  • Decapitator for dirtying up vocals, bass, keys....you name it
  • and Ozone of course. I love v5, because now you can fire up whatever component you want

-Klanghelm DC8C, altough very new, is quickly becoming my go-to comp for almost everything. I really really urge you people to check it out. It's on opening-sale for 20 euros currently, which is an absolute steal imo. I'm not related to the creator of this plugin; I just think it deserves more attention.
Agree, bought it. It's killer, lots of options, but it can get pretty advanced. Klanghelm makes quality stuff for dirt cheap, their meter is like 6e!

I have done a lot of research and testing of reverb plug ins, and I have a ton of them. I'm a reverb addict. Nothing beats Sir2 for price and simplicity and sound. If you need a a convolution reverb to do speaker simulation and have the ability to stack impulses, I'd highly suggest Redwirez's Mix IR2. I go back and forth between these two quite a lot. I tend to get more highs, from Sir2, and I tend to get a softer, more rounded sound from the Mix IR2. I've spoken to the developer of the Mix IR2 and he stated that Sir2 was the standard of what he expected the Mix IR2 to be equvilant of.

As for algorithmic reverbs, I was addicted to Arts Acoustic Reverb for years, but the group developing it do not seem to be actively supporting it, and havent been for a while, which was a real shame to me because I loved the sound of that reverb and could not find its equal.

As compressors go... You've just got to find the right flavor for your liking. I really like the CLA Classic Compressors. Can't go wrong with these. I also really love the Soft Tube, Tube Tech CL1B. I also really like the coloring of the Tube Tech PE 1C and ME 1B EQ's.

VCC of course. Also FGX, and I'm not quite sure about Ozone 5 yet.

VCC
UBK-1
SSL Duende (strip and g-comp)
CLA76 and LA2A
eQuality
Satson for 95% of my filtering...
stock Cubase built-in channel EQ for it's filters (when I want something SUPER extreme with virtually nothing below the chosen frequency.....either HP or LP)
SSL LMC-1
Waves L1/L2
Sonalksis FreeG
....I could go on and on and on..

NobleQ for coloring EQ (and the lowend trick from time to time :) )

Agree, bought it. It's killer, lots of options, but it can get pretty advanced. Klanghelm makes quality stuff for dirt cheap, their meter is like 6e!

Was curious, did you mean the hipass-and-lowshelf-the-crap-out-of-it trick? Or is there some ancient secret technique taught by monks in the mountains that I am currently unaware of? :D

And yea, I was very impressed by how deeply configurable that compressor is. I've spent almost an entire day just fidgeting around with it to see what it can do, and all I can say is: a day isn't enough! And the guy was even cool enough to include an easy-mode for people who don't like to set 20 dials on a compressor. By the way, if you haven't yet, download the newest version. It has some improvements to the metering, and you can now also listen to the sidechain signal with an extra button. Good stuff!

In general, I think it's great to see the rise of independent plugincreators that do an incredible job for very reasonable prices, or even for free (Bootsy anyone?). I think we, as a community, should support these people where possible, so they can continue doing what they do best.

Agreed on the last paragraph. Since you mentioned Bootsy and his free stuff, I'll throw in another freebie which kicks ass - try Vladg Molot comp.

Yeah, boosting and cutting the same frequencies (even tho they are not the same ofc) :D
Works great on kicks, but I've tried it on guitars too, and it works sometimes on them too.

The Klanghelm guy is indeed really helpful and open for suggestions, I am reading the DC8C Gearslutz thread regularly.

try Vladg Molot comp.

Woah, that's gritty as hell! Is it normal that I feel a bit dirty after trying this on a drumbus? :D Really cool GUI too. Made me wish I had it physically in front of me.

Thank you for the great suggestion! I have a feeling that this one will end up annihilating some tracks in the future. I cannot offer a freeby in return, but I can hint at another value-for-money plug, namely the TB reelbus tapesim. It has only been out for 2 weeks I think, and it's 10 euros currently. And just like the Klanghelm, I think that price is an absolute joke for what you get. Adds some very nice punch and depth to my busses on the "professional" mode.
My only gripe with it is that the output of the plugin is slightly hotter than the bypassed signal, and the plug itself doesn't have a trimknob. But I bet the author will patch that soon, since I've seen others mention this as well.

And with that I bid you all a good night.

CLA Classic Compressors(especially CLA76 and CLA2A)
Waves SSL bundle(channel strip and bus comp)
Waves V series(mostly Vcomp but I use the EQ quite a bit as well)
Waves Renaissance series(REQ and RVox)

UAD Cs-1
UAD 1176se
UAD Putec.... well, all the stock ones.

Sonnox EQ
Sonnox Limiter
- Inflator (Loudness Weapon;))
- Transmod
- Dynamics in classic mode

Cytomic The Glue (Waves SSL Killer)
VintageWarmer

Workhorse:
Reaper's stock ReaEQ
SSL Duende X-EQ
SSL Duende X-Comp
Waves C4
Waves RComp
Slate Digital Trigger

Mastering:
SSL Duende Bus Comp
Izotope Ozone 4

Effects/Fun/Inspiration:
Soundtoys Echoboy
Soundtoys Crystallizer
Freeverb2

I could easily get by with only these plugins (+ my synth and drums VSTis, of course)...

ReaEQ, ReaVerb, ReaDelay
PQ-33
W1 Limiter
Slate Trigger
Antress Seventh Sign
Antress Deathcore
Antress Lost Angel
(I'd love to get proper UAD or whatever versions of these)
Ozone 4
FabFilter Pro-L

I'd love to add VCC to this list ASAP.