Mixing plugins

Rusty123

Feb 2, 2007
UK
Hi everyone , Im looking to purchase some new plugins for mixing and mastering.

Im currently using Cubase sx3 and wavelab 5 with DFH Superior, Im looking for some good compressors and eqs etc.

I have heard the wave plugins are good but not sure what to go for alot of products on their site.

Can anyone suggest a bundle package or something.

Cheers

What's your budget? The waves Gold bundle will take care of most of what you need. I have the Renaissance bundle and it's awesome but I'll be upgrading to the Gold bundle sometime soon.

Some guys swear that Waves is overrated though, so you should try try out some online demos. Look into Voxengo and UAD for sure.

Well my budget is not huge but a couple of hundred I guess, Im looking for some compresors/gates, eqs basically for drums, vox, bass and guitars.

Have a look at the Voxengo stuff then....great bang for the buck. Demos are available for their stuff so you can try before you buy. Loads of bundling options too.

+1 to voxengo, a lot of people really love that stuff

the PSP vintage warmer is a classic plug-in that really works nicely on drums and in some cases/genres guitars. I mainly use the Waves Renaissance bundle though, and waves q4/q10 eqs. Some people do say waves is overrated but I like them.

The Waves Gold bundle really is great, and it will get you all the basic tools you need. It will cost you about $975 though. The step down from that, the Renaissance bundle, will get you pretty far as well but I personally feel like some of the tools offered in the Gold bundle are a must. The Gold bundle goes for about $450.