what are the odds opeth will open for celtic frost

parabola5353

DROKK IT!
Sep 22, 2005
Fairfax, VA
i never post on here cos i just recently became a fucking huge opeth fan and they are now my favorite band of all time. i know these guys worship celtic frost, and it looks like their calendar is empty during the time of celtics frost us tour. this tour will be huge as it is, but how badass do you think it will be having opeth open? what are the odds this happens?

affinityband said:
Good one. Celtic Frost have way more status than Opeth. Plus, i dont think Opeth would Headline out of respect for them.

its not up to opeth who headlines.

but plain and simple, a metal booking agent would put celtic frost as the headliner, it would draw the broader crowd pound for pound no matter WHERE they toured. just the facts...i know what im talking about.

Opeth or Celtic Frost, it dosen't really matter. People would see Celtic Frost because they haven't done anything in 15 years...and people would see Opeth because they like what roadrunner is advertising to them (Ghost reveries...which of course lets to further interest in the band's back catalog)

Opeth, Celtic Frost and Obituary Tour. Horns up...baby.

NineFeetUnderground said:
im so mad i could breathe fire right now. i found out i missed Asunder, Graves at sea AND wolves in the throne room all under one roof a few months ago. *SMASHES KEYBOARD*
:worship:

There's more of a chance of Celtic Frost opening for Opeth. I don't think Mike even likes Celtic Frost. They only had one song that I liked and Opeth covered it, so I don't even listen to them... drag queens... :p

Oinkness said:
There's more of a chance of Celtic Frost opening for Opeth. I don't think Mike even likes Celtic Frost. They only had one song that I liked and Opeth covered it, so I don't even listen to them... drag queens... :p

im glad you were kidding. but i almost took you seriously for a moment on all of the above.

Oinkness said:

Your an ass. He was wearing a Celtic Frost at the Auckland show last month, his band covered a song of theirs for a tribute album, and Mike has mentioned them as somewhat of an influence in various interviews. I dont weather your stupid, or your just trolling, but going by your previous posts i would go with the stupid option.

cabeza de vaca said:
I dont weather your stupid, or your just trolling, but going by your previous posts i would go with the stupid option.

Unfortunately, it's both. Just ignore him. He'll make a worthwhile contribution to this forum someday. Right before pigs start to fly and hell freezes over.