what are you listening to right now?

Ten SiSi said:
could you specify a little bit more about your sound? or are you keeping it a secret?

its not a secret...but rather than try to draw a bunch of comparisons loosely from other bands to try and describe the sound, id rather just wait and let the material speak for itself. i promise it wont be boring, or standard. but it will be depressing, heavy and indeed the sound of doom.

i see you listed thergothon, evoken and disembowelment as influences. theres a big thumbs up. im definitely interested

Anothor played in my basement before they got semi-big. we had wine coolers too
erkplant28yx.gif

Ten SiSi said:
shape of despair imo

as lame as they are...shape of despair would not exist without thergothon. thergothon is the reason any finnish doom really even came about (and all funeral doom for that matter really)...along with unholy and unburied who were also partner finnish bands at that early growth stage.

good thing you guys made me remember unholy. i will try to find my tape of 'rapture' now. i remember the last song there was really good, but the album wasn't very consistent. it's been years since i listened to it last.

np: ulver - ulvsblakk (from kveldssanger)

what's with all the shape of despair hate? angels of distress is a really good album. i'll admit i don't have much experience with funeral doom, but still, that album (and the debut isn't bad either) is quality stuff imho

prowlergrig said:
what's with all the shape of despair hate? angels of distress is a really good album. i'll admit i don't have much experience with funeral doom, but still, that album (and the debut isn't bad either) is quality stuff imho

Theres more sincerity in "bad" doom than in "bad" black or death metal typically, so thats why shape of despair continues to get away with their happy go lucky synthtarded douchebaggery. Once you (if you) get more aquainted with the genre, youll start to see right through them. i see the genre as notes played to achieve a feeling. shape of despair comes off as playing notes they THINK they should be playing. In other words...i dont fucking beleive them. Although they have a couple decent and well composed tracks (mainly their first release), i just think theyre pretty shallow and unimpressive compared to their peers.