What are you listening to?

Never Walk Alone - MEGADETH

From the new album United Abominations...this album slays!

It's not very often I say this about one of my favourite bands, but I think the new album is dreadful. :erk:

Now the new DT album on the other hand is in my opinion on par with Dead Reckoning (one of my fave albums ever!).

Why do you say that the album is dreadful? In my opinion, they've done worst in the past with Cryptic Writings and Risk. UA is closer in spirit to Rust In Peace and Peace Sells...

Right now listening to All Of The Above - TRANSATLANTIC

Why do you say that the album is dreadful? In my opinion, they've done worst in the past with Cryptic Writings and Risk. UA is closer in spirit to Rust In Peace and Peace Sells...

I personally enjoy both Cryptic and Risk; the latter took me years to appreciate. UA may be closer in spirit to Rust than previous releases, but I think the songs are weak. Gears of War for example is one of their worst songs ever imo and why did they put a re-recorded version of A Tout Le Monde amongst the other tracks? Surely it would have been more fitting as a bonus track - lack of ideas perhaps? Mustaine has been retreading old ground since Friedman left after Risk, and it's becoming stale now. The System Has Failed was half hearted return to form, but I just don't get UA at all, and the lyrics are :puke:

I stopped listening to Megadeth after Countdown because I was expecting another nuclear thrash delivery a la RIP but all I got was some attempt at melodi c metal, which other bands in the melodic genre do much better than Megadeth. So I was happy when I heard UA as it is thrashier than the previous records.

Now playing: Dream Theater - The ministry of Lost Souls ( Systematic Chaos). Great track and great album. This album need some time to grow in enjoyable level:saint:

Symphony X - Paradise Lost

Thought i'd better listen to this, they are supporting Dream Theater in the autumn tour, tickets purchased yesterday :)

I already knew that Michael Romeo was a damn fine axeman but hadn't really listened to Symphony X much