What are you listening to now?

Sludgekicker

Aug 5, 2011
I made this thread to share youtube or bandcamp or whatever stuffs about promising newcomer or just classic kickass bands (not just metal of course) you like listening to or discovered recently or whatever :Smokin:

so i start with this :Spin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently in the mood for revisiting older albums that were important to me at some part of my life.

I have really been enjoying Brave New World by Maiden again in the past few weeks. I think the production sounds fantastic and very fitting to the band. Powerful and with an almost live vibe to it. Very 3D. It's probably not the most popular Maiden-album out there, but it was the one that really got me into them while I was growing up, so for me it's a timeless classic.

I've also been listening to some older Draconian, Summoning and Swallow the Sun again. It used to run in the background all the time when my wife and I first got together (we have been together since we were 16). Listening to it makes me feel cozy and nostalgic. Probably not exactly what those bands had in mind ;)

Dreamshade - The gift of life. This one was a big suprise for me. At first seemed like a average metalcore band but it´s probably one of the best albuns I heard in a while.

Mutiny Within - Synchronicity. Great album aslo, quite melodic but with catchy songs.

Be'lakor - stone's reach. Not a new album but great in every way possible. It´s like some progressive version of Amon Amarth.

Sybreed - Antares. It has awesome melodies with some fear factory vibe.