What are you guys listening to that isn't metal these days

I listen to a butt load of non metal these days to be honest, because I'm just not as interested in metal as I used to be. In fact I think lately I've listened to about 70 per cent non metal, the other 30 per cent metal.

I've got a fair bit of weird avant garde stuff on my computer no one will have heard of it here most likely, so I wont list that.

So, here goes:

Adolf Plays The Jazz
At the Drive In
Boris
Coheed and Cambria
Converge
The Cure
Dashboard Confessional
Don Caballero
Drive like Jehu
Dredg
Explosions In The Sky
The Fall Of Troy
Foo Fighters
Frank Zappa
Fredric Chopin (my fave Romantic composer)
Giraffes? Giraffes!
Glenn Branca
Ground Zero
Jesu
Jimmy Eat World (my fave emo punk band)
Joe Satriani (about the only guitar instrumentalist I can listen to now really, everything else sounds like guitar wank, well okay, so Zero Order Phase ruled)
Jonas Hellborg
Kayo Dot
Kyuss
Laura
The Living End
Long Distance Calling
The Mars Volta
maudlin of the Well
Merzbow
Mihai Edrisch (really cool French screamo band)
Minus The Bear (this is the band I have been listening to most lately, my FAVORITE indie rock/experimental band)
Mogwai
Mono
OHM:
Paramore (second most listened to band for me lately, both their studio albums are in constant rotation, great song writing and Riot! has gorgeous production)
Pearl Jam
Portishead
Radiohead
Refused
The Samuel Jackson Five (post rock band I discovered last week, pretty cool)
Sonic Youth
Souvenir's Young America
Sunn O)))
Thrice
Toby Driver
Underoath
Upsilon Acrux

Classical: Mozart, Bach, Chopin...
Classic rock: Dokken, Racer X, Richie Kotzen, Alice In Chains...
Guitar Instrumental stuff: Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Rusty Cooley, Andy Timmons...

Classic rock: Dokken, Racer X, Richie Kotzen, Alice In Chains...

Dude, none of those bands are what is typically considered classic rock :lol: (classic rock is like The Doors, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, that kinda stuff) - Dokken and Racer X are like hair/glam metal, Kotzen's earlier stuff is more instrumental shred stuff (haven't heard anything of his with vox, don't think I'd like it cuz it's apparently super-bluesy) and AiC is grunge! Just so we're clear, but of course you can call it whatever you want! :D

Umm a quick list would be:

Depeche mode, Alice in chains, Paramore, Dredg, Jimmy Herring, John Mayer, early Cypress Hill, Everlast, John Williams soundtracks, A-ha, Duran duran, Frontline Assembly ( hardwired is a masterpiece), Green day, The police, etc

Hahaha, thank you for the reminder Dan - I'll check out those tunes you posted in that thread a little while back!

Oh yeah, and I fucking love Depeche Mode! :kickass:

Weird I didn't mention it in my first post in here, but I STILL listen to Jeff Buckley on a very regular basis.
I'd take "Grace" over 95 per cent of metal albums any day of the week.

Take about
3/4 of harry's list and you have shit i totally forgot to mention

not much secret chiefs 3 love on this board though D:
too much ud, not enough gainz? D:

yes depeche mode is great too, haven't heard the new album though

Anyone heard Charles Aznavour? I'm enjoying his "la boheme" album, everyone around me hates it so I can only listen to it alone on headphones hahaha
New depeche mode is not as good...but maybe you'll like it ;)

Aznavour? my mom danced to that when she was young lol
I'm liking old Antonio Machin and Vicente Fernandez tho

Newest Depeche Mode, Sounds Of The Universe, isn't as good as Playing The Angel, which not everyone loved. The Dave Gahan solo albums are decent.

Ultra and Violator are tied for my favorites.

I've been listening to a lot of Dub Trio because they're fucking awesome.

i used to be really really into post-rock but the genres become a parody unto itself
heard mono's latest? i lol'd. its so post-rock by numbers it hurts, and that's what most bands have become.
the greats are all, well, great imo though
godspeed you! black emperor, f#a# Oo is incredible
a silver mt. zion
sigur ros
monos first few albums..