What are you guys listening to that isn't metal these days

check out sigur ros - ( )
its probably my favourite post-rock album ever

props for damien rice. O is a fucking classic!
if you ever get the chance to see him live dude, go for it. seen him twice, one was a really small crowd and that was very intimate, then i saw him at a bigger gig, about 5k people at that one, and that was just EPIC. they jam out i remember for about 15 minutes all the time, its incredible.

I actually ran into him in a run-down guitar shop on Sunset a few years ago... really swell guy... quiet and humble... haven't had the chance to see him live yet...

lately.. I've been listening to Acoustic Ladyland and The Black keys! but mainly Acoustic Ladyland.. only video i can find of them is this:

but if you get a chance to check them out, check the song "Sport Mode" out. its a right beauty!

anyone here into post-rock stuff? I've been enjoying me some God is An Astronaut and Russian Circles lately

massive win! if you like Russian Circles, you should check out these bands:
http://myspace.com/bossk (they split last year ;_; )
http://www.myspace.com/pelican (i've got a feeling you probably already know about pelican!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly Jeremy Soule's compositions for Total Annihilation and Oblivion. Some of Karl Sanders' solo album and the usual bit of Kammarheit. Then there's the reference rock like Breaking Benjamin, Nickelback etc.

"Glory of cyrodill" is one of the best game/movie compositions I ever heard. I used to play a little oblivion, and each time this track appeared, I was either stopping my action or dreaming while I was running.

Rodrigo y Gabriela
The Prodigy
Angerfist
Delta9
New Order
Bon Jovi (Crossroads)
Queen
Cypress Hill
Dre/Snoop

those are few that pop up on my ipod every now and again

I actually ran into him in a run-down guitar shop on Sunset a few years ago... really swell guy... quiet and humble... haven't had the chance to see him live yet...

yeah he seems like a nice dude
and yeah, seriously, if you ever get the chance to see him live don't hesitate

and rob, i checked out this will destroy you, pretty fucking awesome. threads is :headbang: just as socialnumb said

i am falling in love with This Will Destroy You
holy fuck
burial on the presidio banks is utterly GORGEOUS
theres one track that has a riff ripped STRAIGHT from sigur ros though haha. i lol'd at it.
think it's leather wings

Yeah, amen to that Will, ignorant fools say I only listen to sad/angry music (mostly when I groan at the awful hippie shit the people at the ice cream stand I work at put on; I swear, "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard" could be one of the most annoyingly happy-go-lucky songs I've ever heard, and of course lots of reggae and old blues rock like "Keep on Rockin' me baby" :puke: ), but I fucking love Van Halen, Journey, that kinda stuff, THAT'S my happy music :headbang: But still, I'll almost always prefer songs with a minor key, but I think I'm a pretty happy person! :D

Haha marcus my friend becky has this friend that claims opeth makes people kill themselves.
I seriously lol'd. Becky loves opeth and she's one of the most happy-go-lucky people I know. Same for all my other close friends actually, we all love teh 'peth and none of us are suicidal haha.

and srsly dude, i will send you some good dub one day to listen to while you're stoned. you will love it

Yeah, amen to that Will, ignorant fools say I only listen to sad/angry music (mostly when I groan at the awful hippie shit the people at the ice cream stand I work at put on; I swear, "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard" could be one of the most annoyingly happy-go-lucky songs I've ever heard, and of course lots of reggae and old blues rock like "Keep on Rockin' me baby" :puke: ), but I fucking love Van Halen, Journey, that kinda stuff, THAT'S my happy music :headbang: But still, I'll almost always prefer songs with a minor key, but I think I'm a pretty happy person! :D

Word. Van Halen is not only the reason I wanted to play guitar, it's the reason I like music period. It was the first thing I ever listened to on purpose as a little kid. And who doesn't love to play Eruption?

Word. Van Halen is not only the reason I wanted to play guitar, it's the reason I like music period. It was the first thing I ever listened to on purpose as a little kid. And who doesn't love to play Eruption?

not me COS I SUCK AT GUITAR TOO MUCH TO PLAY IT :D