What are you listening to?

Rage - Speak Of The Dead.

I don't like Smolski's songwriting, that's a fact. Too much thrash metal, even when it's just orchestra! Only heard the suite so far but I'm not thrilled. I want Manni Schimdt back in the band!

Oh, and about Room V: ok, it's the second part of another album, but it's quite odd to put an intrumental, a ballad and then another instrumental at the beginning of an album!

Can't wait for the new Symphony X album, by the way!

LavagesOfTime said:
Oh, and about Room V: ok, it's the second part of another album, but it's quite odd to put an intrumental, a ballad and then another instrumental at the beginning of an album!

To me it's not odd given that Room V tell a story and the story requires the music to be played in that fashion. Also Room V is a continuation of the story which started with Tyranny.

Right now listening to:

Bye Bye Missy - KING DIAMOND

From the frighteningly exciting THEM. Andy LaRocque rocks!:headbang:

LavagesOfTime said:
Can't wait for the new Symphony X album, by the way!

Me too! But I wander what made SX can't record album for almost 2 years ... I'm little solicitous about that!

I didn't hear Mindcrime 2 yet!

they simply spent a lot of time touring (the Gigantour lasted more than 2 months), plus LePond needed surgery so it forced them to delay it even more. He's ok now, so the album should be ready soon, I hope!

Firewind - Kill To Live

Anyone heard Firewind's new song? Sounds crap to me, loads of random techno crap going on in it. I beleive it is on Century Medias website if you want to hear it.