What are you listening to?

I am just done listening to the new Keep of Kalessin track uploaded via their MySpace page. I can't say I was blown away compared to the first time they had "The Black Uncharted" available for download two years ago, but this new track definitely is solid as expected.

"Kolossus" should be in my list of wants this year :)

This is hard, I listen to alot of music everyday hehe. But heres a list of what I have been listening to frequently the last 2 weeks.

Opeth - Watershed
Naglfar - Vittra
Bloodbath - Everything
Dark Funeral - Everything
Dismember - Dismember
Behemoth - Demigod & Zos Kia Cultus
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter
Draconian - Turning Season Within

Vanmakt - Ad Luciferi Regnum - Pre-Prod ;)
Temotah - Tryin to decide 3 songs to record for the new demo
Eerie - As The World Comes To An End - Pre-Prod

Well, thats it right now. I guess I will be listening alot to Aeonic as well from now on since we decided to put the band together again yesterday so that we can record the demo that wasnt finished in 05, so I have to try and remember how I sang on the songs before entering the studio in the end of the summer. Bloody hell, I will be in the studio for like 3-4 months now with different bands and after that its time for me to record and produce the next Skald album... Music is my life... Thats for sure...

Cheers!
//M. Svensson

Been listening to Coldworker's 'The Contaminated Void' album quite a bit recently, pretty brutal and groovy stuff right there and probably it was because of Dan Swano's mixing that sparked my interest.

The Guillotine new unmastered track has also been constantly played every now and then. I think these guys are going to create a rumble!

Been listening to also the Seance's new unmastered album. Mique actually sent us the entire unmastered album last year and we were stoked about it. :headbang:

And of course, my very own Obliterhate tracks (with Dan Swano's complete vocals).

Oh man, Swanö did wonders for the Hail of Bullets EP/mini-CD which is probably the best fucking thing going on right now; Martin van Drunen's "I need to take a shit"-vocals is just one-of-a-kind. I really like how the songs start off slow, taking its time to build up, then goes hammering 'til the end. I believe all of the songs off the debut have been uploaded via their MySpace page, but I don't want to ruin my suspense... I want the real thing, and I want it NOW :heh:

Right now am looking forward to receiving a copy of the Blackwinds debut, "Flesh Inferno," from Lord Mysteriis. To those who might be interested, I made their MySpace page:

www.myspace.com/blackwindsdomain

I know, some cheap plug right there, LOL.

Yeah I couldnt agree more, Unanimated did two nearly flawless albums. And Vinterland is on par as well, damn good to see more people listening to their outstanding debut as well!

- I was a total worshipper of this Swedish "death/black" explosion back in the day; you know, albums that had this No Fashion-stamp to them? I am afraid I didn't dig the second Unanimated album, because they seemingly lost identity and wanted to pursue a Dissection-route which a lot of bands were doing at that time, anyway. The first two Mörk Gryning albums I like. Of course "Vittra" is a fuggin' masterpiece. I also liked the bands that were in Invasion Records (Defleshed, Mithotyn, Embracing). Ah well, those were the golden days of metal :)

- I was a total worshipper of this Swedish "death/black" explosion back in the day; you know, albums that had this No Fashion-stamp to them? I am afraid I didn't dig the second Unanimated album, because they seemingly lost identity and wanted to pursue a Dissection-route which a lot of bands were doing at that time, anyway. The first two Mörk Gryning albums I like. Of course "Vittra" is a fuggin' masterpiece. I also liked the bands that were in Invasion Records (Defleshed, Mithotyn, Embracing). Ah well, those were the golden days of metal :)

Agreed, that was an era of outstanding creativity. I got the Mithotyn albums again a couple of years ago but this time with crappy artwork. What were Karmageddon thinking? Must get the original ones, and there are more classics as well. "Vittra" is a masterpiece but I had the luck to hear the raw mix of the album (tape trader) and that is still even better than the final release in my view since the bass lines were higher in the mix. Another album I still treasure from those days is the Deultory "Into Eternity".

Some of my music from those days (Sickness / Benighted):
http://www.myspace.com/benightedsweden (got some tracks from our two demos, from 92 and 93 available on the profile).

Netherbird also got some traces of those old times but time will tell if more people agree with that one once the album is out.

:kickass:

Agreed, that was an era of outstanding creativity. I got the Mithotyn albums again a couple of years ago but this time with crappy artwork. What were Karmageddon thinking? Must get the original ones, and there are more classics as well. "Vittra" is a masterpiece but I had the luck to hear the raw mix of the album (tape trader) and that is still even better than the final release in my view since the bass lines were higher in the mix. Another album I still treasure from those days is the Deultory "Into Eternity".

- Karmageddon just fucked up a lot of bands/albums. I did see those re-releases, and as far as I am aware of, they were remastered, which is fine by me. I don't have the original, Invasion-pressing if I say so myself; I have the ones that were licensed by Metal Blade in the late nineties (which quite frankly were done cheaply as well). I loved the Mithotyn - Promo 2006 as it had better, more aggressive versions of songs that eventually appeared on "In the Sign of the Ravens." Just thinking of the "new" covers that Karmageddon did on all three Mithotyn albums, that including the lousy logo, makes me sick! :cry: