what band(s) first

The huge lineup of PPIII with all of its first time in the US bands: Blind Guardian, Edguy, Gamma Ray, Angra. Wow, what a lineup.

I never heard of PPI. PPII I read something about, but after the fact. Once I heard about PPIII, I decided to make a "one time big trip", telling my wife that this would never be a recurring thing.

Now, I have my gold badge and am eagerly awaiting PPVI, VII, VIII and so on.

Steve in Philly

Wkdchylde said:
drove ya to attend progpower for the 1st time?

Peace
Wkd

Hello :)
I happenned to know about this festival (PP II) while i was doing the Japanese website of Steel Prophet. I was blown away by the line-up that year, but next year when i saw Blind Gardian, Edguy, Angra, Gamma Ray and Devin Townsent were to play, i had no choice other than going, by all means! :hotjump:

DarkOne said:
The huge lineup of PPIII with all of its first time in the US bands: Blind Guardian, Edguy, Gamma Ray, Angra. Wow, what a lineup.

I never heard of PPI. PPII I read something about, but after the fact. Once I heard about PPIII, I decided to make a "one time big trip", telling my wife that this would never be a recurring thing.

Steve in Philly

cool story Steve

DarkOne said:

Steve in Philly

i hear this alot like they didnt know bout it til then

My Mom! I went to PP2 with my parents because my mom hadn't stopped talking about how awesome PP1 was. I wasn't a total nut about the music but I liked it because I grew up listening to it. I've gone every year since!

Well, when I went the first year for me which was PPIII, I was not into any of the bands on the bill. But now that i have been to a few of the festivals over the past year, I would have to say that that was the best year yet. Nothing has topped that year.

A combination of Angra and Edguy topped it for me. Blind Guardian was good at that show and so was Threshold. So, yeah, that is my little spiel.

Cheers!:headbang:

Was going to go to PP I regardless for Evergrey & Nevermore. Nevermore backed out, and it became Symphony X, which was my first oppertunity to see them. I've been a satisfied customer ever since!

I was already attending PP1 before Symphony X was confirmed (they were a replacement for Nevermore, who backed out). So they don't count, LOL... but the bands that really drew me were Evergrey, Destiny's End, Jag Panzer, Zero Hour, Power of Omens (who I missed :( ), Ion Vein, Reading Zero, and Onward. That's almost the entire lineup. ;) Etheria was also awesome (too bad they flaked out soon after PP1), and PoS made a new fan that weekend. To this day, I STILL think PP1 has had the best lineup (for my tastes) of any of the fests so far.

I'm jonesing for Jag Panzer to make their triumphant ProgPower return.

booB said:
I was already attending PP1 before Symphony X was confirmed (they were a replacement for Nevermore, who backed out). So they don't count, LOL... but the bands that really drew me were Evergrey, Destiny's End, Jag Panzer, Zero Hour, Power of Omens (who I missed :( ), Ion Vein, Reading Zero, and Onward. That's almost the entire lineup. ;) Etheria was also awesome (too bad they flaked out soon after PP1), and PoS made a new fan that weekend. To this day, I STILL think PP1 has had the best lineup (for my tastes) of any of the fests so far.

I'm jonesing for Jag Panzer to make their triumphant ProgPower return.

those are cool bands that drew you man!

Well this will be my first PP, and the bands the drove me to come were Strato and Therion. I had never heard any of the other bands, but now I am more looking forward to Manticora and Circus Maximus than any other bands.

I didn't go for any particular band. I don't even recall how many bands from PPII's line-up I was familair with, when I made the decision to go. I just went because it sounded like fun, and because a bunch of folks I knew from the Queensryche newsgroup were going.

Zod

Symphony X for me. When Nevermore backed out and I heard on the Symphony X mailing list that they were playing, I emailed Glenn and got a gold badge. I didn't go to another one until last year for various reasons, but I won't miss another. Once I found out about it though and who was playing I was excited to see most of the bands there. It was a lot of fun but last year was better for me, I wasn't a fan of the venue the first one was at.