WHAT BANDS ARE YOU SEEING SOON

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
Here's a wee list of the gigs I've got lined up in the near future, and a very tasty wee set of gigs it is as well:-

15th JULY - THE SABBATH
31ST JULY - BLACKFOOT
12TH AUGUST - HELLS BELLS
17TH SEPTEMBER - BUDGIE
24TH SEPTEMBER - MAGNUM
19TH OCTOBER - SAXON
4TH NOVEMBER - DIAMOND HEAD/PRAYING MANTIS/WITCHFYNDE/JAGUAR / BRONZ
7TH NOVEMBER - MOTORHEAD + GIRLSCHOOL

Just got an email couple hours ago from Budgie's website saying they're playing the Renfrew Ferry on 17th September - which just so happens to be my BIRTHDAY. Absolutely brilliant news, I don't think I could have wished for a better present than seeing Budgie on my birthday as their my second fav band ever. Any one else into the mighty Budgie at all - totally brill band who should be right up their with AC/DC, Sabbath etc cos they rock like they don't want to stop.

Well,Princess, I'm off to Greece in a couple of weeks to see Sabbath and Velvet Revolver and maybe Black Label Society if they can be arsed turning up! Can't wait. :headbang:
I'll be going to Magnum as well but in October I'm hopefully at Old Trafford on the 15th seeing my rugby team Leeds Rhinos beating St Helens in the Grand Final and Dio is on at the Academy the same night. Woo Hoo! The night after Saxon are on at Bradford. Now that is what I call a weekend! :hotjump:

The only one that I have planed to see is coming up at the end of the month and it is George Lynch and his latest incarnation of Lynch mob should be a good show as George is really great guitarist

So where do you folks find out "What's On"? Is there a decent on-line gig guide which encompasses all-sorts of upcoming rock/metal shows?

I'm missing out!!!!!!!!

Badlad said:
So where do you folks find out "What's On"? Is there a decent on-line gig guide which encompasses all-sorts of upcoming rock/metal shows?

I'm missing out!!!!!!!!

Badlad, register with someone like www.seetickets.com they will send you an e-mail of most new gigs, Kerrang can be good, (although the content is mostly Kerrap!) often the ad's for gigs are in Kerrang before they announce the gigs in the news section.

Audioslave 24th June,Oasis!!!!30th June, was due to go to Rock and Blues at Pentrich (great weekend if you've never been dont be put off if your not a biker they are a great bunch,this year they have Thunder,The Damned,Tygers of Pan Tang,Blackfoot plus many more) but family holiday means I'm in Spain,silver lining is I get to see Saxon and Deep Purple whilst I'm there.Later in the year ,Budgie in September, then Lynyrd Skynyrd in Las Vegas !!

Changes 74 said:
was due to go to Rock and Blues at Pentrich (great weekend if you've never been dont be put off if your not a biker they are a great bunch,this year they have Thunder,The Damned,Tygers of Pan Tang,Blackfoot plus many more) but family holiday means I'm in Spain,silver lining is I get to see Saxon and Deep Purple whilst I'm there.Later in the year ,Budgie in September, then Lynyrd Skynyrd in Las Vegas !!

Yes I was thinking about going to Rock & Blues last year namely to see my beloved Girlschool but unfortunately didn't quite find the time to get down there. It's a brill line-up this year as well, UFO, wow they will be fantastic, seen them before and they're superb live. Also saw TOPT a few times and they're pretty good as well. Blackfoot I'm seeing in about a month's time, so can hardly wait for that one. Awesome that you'll be seeing Saxon and Purple in Spain, that'll be a superb night. And you're a Budgie fan - excellent, aren't they just simply tremendous - they're supposed to be releasing a new album before September, so that's great news.

I've got a few more gigs to add to my list above. I'm also seeing:-

21st Sep - Hayseed Dixie
22nd Sep - Limehouse Lizzy
9th Oct - Rainbow Rising

And also just noticed that on 29th October the mighty Robert Plant is playing the Glasgow Barrowlands - WOOHOO - I'm there!!!!!

UFO are'nt playing now at Pentrich ,Thunder have replaced them.I'm a big Budgie fan from the 70's,last saw them a couple of years ago at Pentrich and Rainbow Rising were also on,they were both excellent(Molly Hatchett were decent aswell that year)Ironically I was due to see Hayseed Dixie but they are here when I'm in Spain.Comeing back to Thunder though,they are superb live ,if you get a chance to see them its worth it.I was up in Glasgow a couple of years ago for the Purple/Skynyrd concert at the SEC,what a night that was

Changes 74 said:
I was up in Glasgow a couple of years ago for the Purple/Skynyrd concert at the SEC,what a night that was

Wow that Purple/Skynyrd concert would have been brill. (And right now they're playing Freebird on planetrock radio). I'm a big Purple fan but not into Skynyrd that much. I would have went to see them though I must have been on holiday or something. I just noticed yesterday that Rainbow Rising are playing at The Ferry so went onto their site and there's about 6 songs you can listen to, they seem very good live, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them. Budgie will be mindblowing, this will be my 5th time seeing Budgie, and on my birthday as well, I remember years ago I saw Budgie when they supported the Tygers, that was a brill night at the Apollo. Did you see my Budgie pics that I took last year. There's quite a few excellent Budgie ones and some Saxon ones which I took at King Tuts.

I'm sure Thunder played in Glasgow at the start of the year, I was thinking about going but ended up seeing Thin Lizzy instead. Next time I'll catch them

Y & T at The MEAN FIDDLER next wednesday,first saw them in the early eighties,and a couple of years ago supporting Whitesnake.Top band

midnightrider said:
Y & T at The MEAN FIDDLER next wednesday

Wow midnightrider that sounds cool. I was only just listening to Y & T last night, Earthshaker, now that's a superb album. Think my fav track on it is Rescue Me. I've never seen them before but they are one band I'd love to see.

First time I heard them was when I was in a shop in Glasgow and they were actually playing Earthshaker. I didn't have a clue who it was, so went and asked the assistant the name of the band & album and then went straight down to Listen and bought it. It rocks!!!!!

Midnightrider - will you be checking out Blackfoot and Girlschool when they play at the Mean Fiddler. August and Sep I think for them both. I don't know if you like Girlschool or not but you should go cos they are awesome live. Trust me they will rock you like hell :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Midnightrider - will you be checking out Blackfoot and Girlschool when they play at the Mean Fiddler. August and Sep I think for them both. I don't know if you like Girlschool or not but you should go cos they are awesome live. Trust me they will rock you like hell :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Yeah,i've seen Girlschool loads of times,and spoken to them at various gigs over the last god knows how many years.Your' :headbang: e right they rock.
Not sure about Blackfoot,i have seen them before,but all the original members have left now,and there is a big arguement about who owns the name.Ricky Medlocke claims he owns it,and as far as i know he is not in the current line up.Do you know any different?Ricky Medlocke is the main man for Blackfoot,its like Saxon without Biff ie:Oliver/Dawson Saxon.

The latest line-up I heard for Blackfoot was:-

BOBBY BARTH, GREG T. WALKER, CHARLIE HARGRETT, JAKSON SPIRES

But that's not right cos Jakson Spires died about 2 months ago, so it's Barth, Walker and Hargrett and some other drummer but I don't know who. I'm going to see them anyway, I think they'll be great, never seen them before, any band that I go see at the Ferry they always rock, it's a tremendous venue and you always end up having a superb night, brilliant laugh and getting wrecked. Its fun!!!!