WHAT BANDS ARE YOU SEEING SOON

Speaking of live metal shows, the last 1 1/2 years have been awesome!

In 2004 I experienced the live shows of the following bands (just the most important ones):

Soulfly
W.A.S.P. (The Neon God pt. 1)
Children Of Bodom
Nightwish
Morbid Angel
STRATOVARIUS
Europe
Fear Factory
DIO
SCORPIONS
U.D.O.
W.A.S.P. (The Neon God pt. 2)

This year, however, the momentum has grown even mightier:

JUDAS PRIEST
Grave
DEEP PURPLE
DIO
Obituary
Dissection
Primordial
Freedom Call
Moonspell
IRON MAIDEN
Sentenced x 2
ACCEPT

...and coming up this fall are the following mammoths:

Corrosion Of Conformity
MOTÖRHEAD
HAMMERFALL
STRATOVARIUS

The year 2005 will be the most spectacular metal year of all time for me!!!

Still, I wait for the day when the Eagle lands upon Finland...

SAXON RULES!!! :worship: :devil:

Been a very quiet year for me in terms of gigs. I saw Judas Priest + Scorpions in March and will see Alice Cooper + Twisted Sister in November but other plans I had for gigs fell on their arse due to money probs. Was gonna catch Dio in October and Saxon same month. Nevermind, hopefully next year will be different!!

2004 was better year for me. Saw Saxon, Dream Evil, Deep Purple, Thunder, Peter Frampton, Slayer, Slipknot, Mastodon, Hatebreed, WASP and Dragonforce so cant complain too much about this year can I?? Yes I can!!! lol

The Man In Black said:
I saw Judas Priest + Scorpions in March

Yeah i saw them in Manchester...They pwned!! Im seeing KoRn in about 2 weeks.

:erk: <--- cant wait........

Yes the last couple of years have been good, remind me of '82/83/84 which I think was the ultimate in metal years, great albums out every month, about a million bands on tour every month!!! and the mighty Glasgow Apollo was still standing. Meant to seay, going to the Waysted gig on September 21st at the Barfly, we're all meeting in the Solid at 5pm on the day for Booze, if you can, B there!!

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Heehee yeah when I typed it it didn't sound right then either. The mighty Saxon, the mighty Diamond Head, the mighty Angel Witch, the mighty Girlschool, the mighty Praying Mantis are all perfectly acceptable, but the mighty Blackfoot, yes for once you are right Valanx. Howabout the kick-ass- Blackfoot cos that's what I heard they did last night, kicked ultra ass they were that sensational!!!!! It'll be a stonkin night and I'm gooing to get totally wasted as per usual. Need to be careful I don't end up falling off that gangplank and end up in the Clyde. It's a wonder no-one's actually fallen off that Ferry before and ended up drowned cos everyone just ends up totally smashed.
Princess,I heard Blackfoot cancelled at the last minute up in Glasgow,an argument about how loud they could play on the Ferry apparently.A mate of mine saw them at Pentrich then went to Cleethorpes to see them.They played in Cleethorpes to about 15 people,the band came out and had a drink with Andy(my mate) and said they had been setting up at the Ferry when they were told they could only play at a low noise level because of restrictions so they packed up and left.Andy suggested they sack their booking agent and publicity agency.Hope you have better luck with Drive by Truckers I'm seeing them in Manchester ,Govt Mule afew days later

loads

iron maiden=leeds fest 27 aug
iron maiden hammersmith 2 sept
bloodstock fest 3rd sept
skid row 3rd sept
dio 10th oct
saxon 18 oct
fozzy 21 oct
steve vai 23 oct
motorhead 1st nov
alice cooper 15 nov
alterbridge 19 nov
magnum 11 dec
blaze 17 dec
thunde 22 jan

lizzie said:
loads

iron maiden=leeds fest 27 aug
iron maiden hammersmith 2 sept
bloodstock fest 3rd sept
skid row 3rd sept
dio 10th oct
saxon 18 oct
fozzy 21 oct
steve vai 23 oct
motorhead 1st nov
alice cooper 15 nov
alterbridge 19 nov
magnum 11 dec
blaze 17 dec
thunde 22 jan

You are a "BIZZIE LIZZIE"

Changes 74 said:
Princess,I heard Blackfoot cancelled at the last minute up in Glasgow,an argument about how loud they could play on the Ferry apparently.

That's right Changes I'm still totally gutted about what happened. Was in the Solid Rock pub before the concert and as we left I asked someone where the Ferry was exactly cos since I was there last, it's been moved across the other side of the Clyde and up a wee bit. Anyway he said don't bother going to the Ferry cos Blackfoot gig has been cancelled. We thought it was a wind-up and headed to the Ferry anyway, only to find out that indeed the concert was pulled at the very last minute. Cos the Ferry's been moved, it is now docked very near these luxury flats and loads of residents have been complaining about the noise, so Glasgow Council had slapped a noise restriction order on it and when Blackfoot did sound check they went above the permitted level and the Management at the Ferry said they couldn't play. I'm not kiddin I was very nearly in tears cos I've waited about 15 years to see them and all that week I'd been playing nothing about from Blackfoot cds and watching some vids.

To cut a long story short, went back to the Solid Rock and there were rumours flying about that Blackfoot were going to come into the pub to meet the fans and get pics taken. Again we thought it was a pile of mince, so you can imagine my surprise when I went to the loo and came back out only to find Blackfoot standing in the middle of the pub!!!!! I just walked straight up to Greig T. Walker the bass player and told him how disappointed I was that they didn't play and how I'd waited years to see them. He apologised etc etc but said it was all the Ferry's fault and they would definitely be coming back to Glasgow early next year. And the best part is, I got my pic taken with him. I'm quite liking this being really pally with the rich and famous lol!!!!

Gov't Mule - a friend gave me a CD of theirs last week, still haven't listened to it yet but it comes very highly recommended. In fact I think I'll stick it on right noo.

Oh yeah and once again I'm at Waysted on the 21st sept!!! Yeah Feckin ha. I'm now on the Waysted news page modeling!!! the new T-Shirt!!! I'll get into anyting me!!! have a look so you know who you're lookin for in the pub!! (or looking to avoid at the gig!!!!!!) www.waysted.co.uk

Mad Dan McCafferty said:
Oh yeah and once again I'm at Waysted on the 21st sept!!! Yeah Feckin ha. I'm now on the Waysted news page modeling!!! the new T-Shirt!!! I'll get into anyting me!!! have a look so you know who you're lookin for in the pub!! (or looking to avoid at the gig!!!!!!) www.waysted.co.uk

I'm glad you weren't modelling the girls skinny t-shirt ! :tickled:

Yeah if I wangle the trip to Edinburgh, I'll be there, I might have to have a curry @ Kushti's first though :worship:

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Here's a wee list of the gigs I've got lined up in the near future, and a very tasty wee set of gigs it is as well:-

15th JULY - THE SABBATH
31ST JULY - BLACKFOOT
12TH AUGUST - HELLS BELLS
17TH SEPTEMBER - BUDGIE
24TH SEPTEMBER - MAGNUM
19TH OCTOBER - SAXON
4TH NOVEMBER - DIAMOND HEAD/PRAYING MANTIS/WITCHFYNDE/JAGUAR / BRONZ
7TH NOVEMBER - MOTORHEAD + GIRLSCHOOL

Just got an email couple hours ago from Budgie's website saying they're playing the Renfrew Ferry on 17th September - which just so happens to be my BIRTHDAY. Absolutely brilliant news, I don't think I could have wished for a better present than seeing Budgie on my birthday as their my second fav band ever. Any one else into the mighty Budgie at all - totally brill band who should be right up their with AC/DC, Sabbath etc cos they rock like they don't want to stop.

Hi princess, i'm from Chile South America, on september 13 will play at the monster of rock Judas Priest, Whitesnake and Rata Blanca which is awsome.
Also in october Megadeth and in december Dream Theater. What do you think about it?

Hi princess, i'm from Chile South America and let me tell you that in our country will play Judas Priest, Whitesnake and Rata Blanca (monster of rock) on september 13, which is awsome. In october Megadeth and in december Dream Theater. What do you think about it?. see ya.