What can make this mix better?

i.do.not.exist

New Metal Member
May 26, 2010
This is a song I recorded for my bands EP. This is my first attempt at recording and mixing and I was just wondering if anyone could give me tips on how I could get my mix sounding as good as possible.

-Thanks!

As a first attempt it is much better than my first. Guitars are thin. Lots of clippings noise. Some guitar parts were way to loud in the mix, not the nice kind of loud. I would try to remix it. Adjust your faders every time you alter something. When you render, check your meters. Perhaps if you want more opinions you should discuss what kind of fx you have used , ex. EQ, comp....

Thanks for your reply.
The only EQ i used was in the guitars to take out some of the lows because it was too boomy when playing palm muted chugs. EQing is something I have yet to get the hang of. Perhaps some sort of EQing can be done to bring out the guitars more?

For the bass I used no EQ but did use some compression.
For vocals I ran it through Voxformer for compression and then a Sonic Maximizer as an exciter to make them more in your face.
Drums unfortunatley could not be tweaked because the only interface we were able to track with required us to record all the drums to one track. We were forced to attempt to set each drum to each appropriate level before it ever hit our program.

Any other advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.