What Cover Song Would You Want Testament To Record.....?

I'd personally like to hear some stuff that's originally not so heavy, so that Testament can reinvent the song like they did with those two Aerosmith tunes. So try Deep Purple's "Stormbringer" or Zeppelin's "Black Dog," or maybe "Hell's Bells." As for metal songs, "Hell Bent For Leather," "Fight Fire With Fire," and "Nuns Have No Fun" (Mercyful Fate) would sound interesting. Or how about Overkill's "Feel the Fire"? Or "Deny the Cross"...no, "Gasoline Dream."

Ah, shit. SOMETHING by Overkill...the possibilities are nearly endlesss.

Especially Likely Sloth - Don't Wake the Sleeping Bags
Hulk Hogan - I Wanna Be a Hulkamaniac
Bessie Smith - Lost Head Blues

an Exodus tribute would be nice but if that doesn't happen, I'd like to hear something far outside the usual realm of the band.

xoxoxo
-k-

I know it's on the mellow side, but how about Diary of a Madman? I can hear that cool clean Eric Peterson guitar with loads of chorus effect on the into. Chuck Billy mellow singing, then the song builds up and gets heavy. Very musical song.

Maybe S.A.T.O. off of the same record. A lot of great guitar work from Peterson/Smyth where the leads can trade off. Heavy song.

I also liked the idea of them covering a Death song, paying homage to the late great Chuck Schuldiner.

I don't think they should touch Black Sabbath , AC/DC, or Led Zep. Those should be off limits. I'm so burned out on hearing those over played classics.

I' m dying to hear them play some new testament stuff finally. But if there really had to be a cover song or two on the new album, then I'd love it to be anything by Overkill (it'd be quite interesting to hear Chuck sing Blitz's songs with his voice), Death Angel, Slayer (Seasons in the Abyss?) or some Maiden's stuff or perhaps Kreator's Extreme Aggression...

Testament Legions said:
A metal classic from the 80's!

Take 2!

I don't think that Testament really needs to cover Death Angel, or esp Overkill as that really doesn't make much sense, but..... I guess I'm more interested in them doing a cover of something that inspired them period.

Exodus- Bonded By Blood or Metal Command

Accept- Princess of the Dawn (Chuck has all that versatility in his voice, ......)

Judas Priest- Hero's End (another classic epic Priest song\m/) or Steeler

AC/DC- who bloody knows?? too many to pick... either Hells Bells or Let Me Put My Love Into You

Venom- I was gonna say Black Metal, but everyone does that, so how's about Warhead? Or Bursting Out?? Or Acid Queen?

Angelwitch- \m/ Confused \m/

Aerosmith- Round and Round or S.O.S. (too bad) R&R is heavy duty old Aerodelight

Motorhead- CAPRICORN or Steal Your Face

Mercyful Fate- anything from the 1st ep. Or first album. Eh, what the hell, anything from the second album too......

Scorpions- Dynamite or China White

Have you guys ever thought or doing something like Testament VS Old Man's Child(or whatever death/black metal band)? Where Testament does a cover of their song and makes it their own, and vice versa??

Flotsam & Jetsam: Swatting at Flies
It's an oldie (and a classic IMO) that could stand a little "testamentization".

The Haunted: In Vain
This song wouldn't sound much different, but I would love to hear Chuck's vocals on this.

Death: Perennial Quest
Just a tribute to Death that I know Testament wouldn't fuck up.

Slayer: South of Heaven
Same reason as In Vain.

Megadeth: Holy Wars
I always wanted to hear what a great cover of this one would sound like.

A Death song would be cool...not really sure how realistic it'd be, but definitely cool...maybe something like Lack of Comprehension...

Also, just about any Mercyful Fate...

Perhaps a more obscure Iron Maiden song, like Sun and Steel...

And hopefully NO AC/DC...pretty much any covers of their songs end up sounding half-assed...

pest666 said:
Take 2!

I don't think that Testament really needs to cover Death Angel, or esp Overkill as that really doesn't make much sense, but..... I guess I'm more interested in them doing a cover of something that inspired them period.

Exodus- Bonded By Blood or Metal Command

Accept- Princess of the Dawn (Chuck has all that versatility in his voice, ......)

Judas Priest- Hero's End (another classic epic Priest song\m/) or Steeler

AC/DC- who bloody knows?? too many to pick... either Hells Bells or Let Me Put My Love Into You

Venom- I was gonna say Black Metal, but everyone does that, so how's about Warhead? Or Bursting Out?? Or Acid Queen?

Angelwitch- \m/ Confused \m/

Aerosmith- Round and Round or S.O.S. (too bad) R&R is heavy duty old Aerodelight

Motorhead- CAPRICORN or Steal Your Face

Mercyful Fate- anything from the 1st ep. Or first album. Eh, what the hell, anything from the second album too......

Scorpions- Dynamite or China White

Have you guys ever thought or doing something like Testament VS Old Man's Child(or whatever death/black metal band)? Where Testament does a cover of their song and makes it their own, and vice versa??

Great list, pest666! I think an ACCEPT re-make would KICK ASS!!! As for the last part... I doubt Testament would do a black metal song... that's prolly something Dragonlord would do.