what day is it today

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
it's NIGHT IS THE NEW DAY day

it's that day when i'm going downtown to try and buy an album in a brick and mortar store for extortionate sums just because i won't even wait two days for an online store to deliver this thing to my doorstep

NO WONDER RECORD COMPANIES DON'T SELL ANY CD'S ANYMORE

because there's no fucking way to buy cd's

couldn't find it anywhere yesterday and i'm a little angry

Better than Viva Emptiness, but less than TGCD so far. I find it fucking fascinating how Katatonia can make the most depressing music, but at the same time, have it make you feel good inside.

Everybody needs to stop fapping in the wind and pick up some Riverside if this is the type of music which puts a crinkle in your skivvies. Total disappointment.

this album is not heavy except like two songs, it's actually surprisingly not heavy

day and then the shade is also surprisingly commercial, it sounds FINNISH which is always a bad thing

i'm postponing official judgment of the album as such but it is good. and very intricate, which is why i'm not saying anything definitive yet. i just wish they would stop with the prog fuckery sometimes. it's as if they've forgotten that the straightest path to a given point is the shortest

"idle blood" sounds exactly (exactly!) like an opeth ballad circa blackwater park

why

i fucking hate this

well i don't fucking hate the album but i hate prog rock opeth bullshit so why are they doing it

Maybe the reason Erik hates prog rock is because he thinks Opeth plays it.

....or not.

Regardless, Katatonia has pretty much sucked since Discouraged Ones. Next thread.