what day is it today

I wuz gonna say that, but DO has a couple good tracks that appear several times on the album.

Maybe the reason Erik hates prog rock is because he thinks Opeth plays it.

....or not.

don't tell me opeth are not "influenced by" actual prog rock bands though

and an "influence" is enough for me, i fucking hate everything that is not two chords and darkthrone or death strike

I find most prog rock really boring (especially nowadays bullshit like Porcupine Tree but even most of 'the good stuff') even though I know my face is supposed to look like it's being pummeled by hurricane-force winds due to the sheer technical prowess of the people playing it.

I feel sorry for the people who don't appreciate modern day Katatonia. To each his own.

I think more people "get" modern dat Katatonia than the more necro stuff tbh (as in it's hipper and sells better and all of that) but I suppose that still leaves a whole lot of chinese people that don't even know the band exists.

I find most prog rock really boring (especially nowadays bullshit like Porcupine Tree but even most of 'the good stuff') even though I know my face is supposed to look like it's being pummeled by hurricane-force winds due to the sheer technical prowess of the people playing it.

Genesis were all about the songs, man.