What Did Santa Get You!

Existenz

Nov 12, 2004
UK
Well I hope everybody had a good Christmas!

Well I got a PC game The Path Of Neo and some lovely earrings and lots of smelly things:D (no not socks)

Have a great New Year!!!:headbang:

Yay that sounds cool.

I got two Dream Theater albums (I'm in the process of accumulating their entire collective works), two books (Sky Trillium by Julian May & Tersias by G P Taylor), and best of all, an ubercool LotR chess set!! :Spin:

I bought myself some presents:
  • Porcupine Tree's Deadwing, on blue transparant vinyl
  • A crystal
  • A new cupboard (YES! i succesfully finished the workshop 'How to survive the christmasholidays' and totally re-decorated our livingroom). No need to worry C!! Our shower is still in it's original state :p

I bought myself some stuff too, I dont tend to get much in terms of actual presents, its all money and vouchers...

Got a new guitar, an Ibanez RG
And Anathema - Were You There DVD

Still got some more vouchers to spend at some point...

Shirts,
Shindlers List DVD,
All the Lapoons Vacations with Chevy Chase on DVD
Stewie Griffen-The untold Story DVD,
A Cool Painting Easel
3 CD's
  • - Beastie Boys - Solid Gold Hits
  • - Jay-Z - The Black Album
  • - Kanye West - Late Registration
Leather Jacket
Socks
wtf.gif

She-ra and He-man Christmas Special
wtf.gif

And a Partrige in a Pear Tree......not really

Tom Waits - Used Songs
John Martyn - Anthology
Bob Dylan - Live at the Budokan ;)
Tim Buckley - Lorca
My Dying Bride - The dreadful hours

The Family Guy movie
Spaced Series 1 + 2
The BBC Chronicles of Narnia DVD box Set :D

Bowmore Whiskey + Some decent bottles of red

All in all, Jonboy did very well :)

Bill Hicks DVD
Anton LeVay's Satanic Bible
MP3 PLayer (finally)
Poker Set
Buddy Rich DVD (Depressing to watch)

Socks............................

i got me a new phone, lots of perfumes and money cause people just dunno what to buy me and im just a skint student :)

glad santa was good to you all!

littlemissmetal said:
i got me a new phone, lots of perfumes and money cause people just dunno what to buy me and im just a skint student :)
Always an advantage to get money when you're skint! I guess it kinda sucks financially being a student at the moment due to Labour's lovely 'top-up fees' initiative, hopefully I can save up enough money now by working my ass off so that I can survive at uni when I go later this year.

Anyway, enough of my ranting, there was a couple of things I forgot to mention on the subject of Christmas presents. 2 things in particular that I can't believe I forgot to say on a metal forum. Wiggy (my brother) got me the tab book for 'Train of thought' by Dream Theater, which is awesome, I've tried to learn some bits of Stream of Consciousness, but of course all the solos are somewhat out of my league! Also, on 6th January I went to see my Wiggy's band, 'Fluorescent Black', play a gig in town (OK, not really a Christmas present strictly speaking, but kind of, since it was 6th January and some people get Christmas presents on Epiphany! At least that's my excuse for bringing it up :p) and they were great!

profskett said:
Always an advantage to get money when you're skint! I guess it kinda sucks financially being a student at the moment due to Labour's lovely 'top-up fees' initiative, hopefully I can save up enough money now by working my ass off so that I can survive at uni when I go later this year.

hahaha but at least the advantage i have is being a student in Wales where the Welsh Assembly have prevented the top-up for at least the next 2 years ;) tis all good!! lol nevertheless i am fucking skint!! loan went in today finally which means a few extra pennies for myself:headbang:

where and what are you planning on studying?

I shall be studying Physics, hopefully at Durham (since Oxford are bastards and rejected me) but if not then probably Leeds. I was considering Swansea (lovely campus, fantastic location - right on the sea front!) but in the end I think Leeds was slightly better. It has been really hard to decide on my insurance - I've still yet to have my interview at Manchester so I can only be sure once I've had a look there and had my offer from them, but I think it will probably be Leeds. Hopefully I'll get 3 As and go to Durham so it won't matter so much!

So what about you?

Lol, I hope the mods don't mind us cluttering up their topics with spam...

profskett said:
I shall be studying Physics, hopefully at Durham (since Oxford are bastards and rejected me) but if not then probably Leeds. I was considering Swansea (lovely campus, fantastic location - right on the sea front!) but in the end I think Leeds was slightly better. It has been really hard to decide on my insurance - I've still yet to have my interview at Manchester so I can only be sure once I've had a look there and had my offer from them, but I think it will probably be Leeds. Hopefully I'll get 3 As and go to Durham so it won't matter so much!

So what about you?

Lol, I hope the mods don't mind us cluttering up their topics with spam...
HAHAHAH education=spam! wooo

i study law and german at cardiff uni, loads of deadlines, lack of a social life for the next month but its all good!! i LOVE it here!! i'm originally from about 20mins away west of Swansea and to be honest with you, Durham probably is best 'cause bar Crowleys rock bar and sometimes the office (and face/off for metal posers) there's really not much of a nightlife there unless you're into dance! best of luck with applications, i remember how much of an ass UCAS was!!

Politics... Is one of the best albums of all time IMO, definately Nevermores best album.
Its seriously close to perfect!