What do Evergrey fans think of ...

Tess

Jul 25, 2002
North Carolina
....Pain of Salvation, BE? I'm curious what Evergrey fans and the band think of Pain of Salvation's newest CD. Any thoughts?

I'm a big fan of Pain of Salvation, maybe even more than Evergrey. :oops:
I love BE, but I don't think it will do very well commercialy.
It's to much strange stuff on it. What surprises me is that people don't appreciate the strait song on the album. If you look past all the, to some, crap. There are some very beautiful songs on the album, very typical of POS.
It's typically a love or hate album.

My first thought when I saw the BE show in Eskiltuna were that they must never put this on disc it will never sell.
But time will show. And I'd love to be proven wrong.

Big PoS fangirl, but I don't have BE yet. I'm still kicking myself for not skipping a couple of drinks and buying it at ProgPower.

Album of the year. Very very varied, very interesting and very mind-provoking. Also very powerful...I dare not listen to Iter Impius in my current state of mind.

Looking forward to the DVD and stuff...

I love Pain of Salvation, but I rank BE as being the most disappointing album I've ever heard. Complete trash to my ears! I gave it 20 listens and I still find nothing of value in it.

InteractiveUrinalCommunicator said:
I love Pain of Salvation, but I rank BE as being the most disappointing album I've ever heard. Complete trash to my ears! I gave it 20 listens and I still find nothing of value in it.
Try again! You're missing something......................:hotjump:

Yes... I'm missing real songs... I'm missing guitar riffs... I'm missing the dark personal stories present on the previous discs... this is like listening to a failed "Jesus Christ Superstar" or "Godspell". It's less a band making an album... than Daniel Gildenlow creating a hair-brained musical.

It's less a band making an album... than Daniel Gildenlow creating a hair-brained musical.
I believe that kind of were the idea, and it should have been promoted like that and not the next POS album.

Yes... I'm missing real songs... I'm missing guitar riffs... I'm missing the dark personal stories present on the previous discs...
Lilium Cruentus? Nihil Morari (not personal maybe, but certainly dark)? Iter Impius? Anyway, if you're only looking for metal songs with lots of riffs, it can't be helped.

EYMetalHead, make that damn signature smaller. Also, post posts that mean something.

Yes... I'm missing real songs... I'm missing guitar riffs... I'm missing the dark personal stories present on the previous discs... this is like listening to a failed "Jesus Christ Superstar" or "Godspell". It's less a band making an album... than Daniel Gildenlow creating a hair-brained musical.
That may be the saddest story I heard all day.

Correct me when I'm wrong, but isn't POS more rock then metal? I could be wrong, but I've read in interviews that it's more progrock then true metal. Not that I have a problem with rock, but still...
I too have a litlle question. Is BE as good as the previous CD of POS? (Sorry, forgot the title). I'm thinking of buying the previous, but if I read some ogf the comments, I think I 'll let it pass.
Greetings,
RagingRazer

RagingRazer said:
Correct me when I'm wrong, but isn't POS more rock then metal? I could be wrong, but I've read in interviews that it's more progrock then true metal. Not that I have a problem with rock, but still...
I too have a litlle question. Is BE as good as the previous CD of POS? (Sorry, forgot the title). I'm thinking of buying the previous, but if I read some ogf the comments, I think I 'll let it pass.
Greetings,
RagingRazer
Do yourself a favor and buy them both! :)

RagingRazer said:
Greetings,
RagingRazer
I'd have to say that the best term is prog metal. Sure, there's lots of rock in their music too, but now on BE there's a ton of things in different songs. I mean, there's one acoustic folk song basically, one bluesy song, one rock opera kinda thingie, one metal semi-ballad etc. They're certainly not true metal, but I still think that they're best defined as metal.
BE is definitely different than the previous PoS albums...whether it's the best or not, I don't know. It has lots of good songs, that's for sure. I think you'll like it if you don't mind the concept having sometimes even a more important role than the music.

I think you should buy The Perfect Element. It's perhaps the most "standard" PoS album, they really managed to put everything together perfectly (;)) there. By standard I don't of course mean mediocre or something like that, completely the opposite...really, do yourself a favor and check it out. BE might be bit of an overwhelming album to start with.

Also, if you want to compare prog rock (well, today's prog rock anyway, dunno about the golden oldies) and prog metal...The Flower Kings are prog rock for example and PoS is certainly clearly heavier and more "in your face" than they are.