What do we think about Anathema's new direction?

I don't ever post in the Anathema forum but here goes...I love their direction!! I lost my job so my CD buying is currently on hold so I don't have Alternative4 or AFDTE. But as soon as I come into some cash they are mine for sure. I didn't like Eternity at all when I first bought it but I got Judgement when I heard they are progressing as a band. Judgement was so fuckin awesome!! I then DLed some Alternative 4 and have been hard up for it since. I heard their earlier work and it wasn't nearly as good as their more recent albums. I decided to give Eternity one more shot and now I like it more then Judgement. So much emotion in those songs, like a sonic eruption of pain. I'm very impressed with their direction overall and hope they continue on that path. Awesome solos...

Tota said:
to me it's the same direction rather than a new one. :loco: it feels like a natural progression.

...oh yeah, and i LOVE it. :D

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

yeah anathema did a great progression, like the gathering and others...

but there are some sellouts!!!! :erk: that thought that progression was the same to selling out (TOT) ups hehe :Spin:

PI%20oc%20heavy%20metal%201.jpg

I must agree with many of you, there's a natural progression there. And that progression may have pushed the borders of what can be called doom or gothic metal, or even crossed them. (But the way I define a gothic metal band, I'd say Anathema never has been one.)

From their brutal past of doom-death they have changed drastically with their new 'soft' approach. But that doesn't necessarily mean that there's a new directon; They've kept their dark and cold yet emotional atmospheres throughout all their albums. Though a band abandons some specific genre, true fans will not abandon the band.. As long as you can hear their music and say: "THIS is Anathema!"...