What do you do when someone from OUR forum possibly has stolen your money?

Fenixdodo, stop being a penis.

yea, fenixdodo get outta the thread.

anyways, i am currently working with paypal on a claim for the amount lost. it seems like some progress is being made, but if it comes to a stand still, i will call and speak with the holder of utmost authority. if that doesn't work, im going to my bank. if that doesnt work, im asking for assistance from my investigator friend, then rounding up the authorities. that fucker will pay whether or not i have to drive out to LA and find him myself and have his nuts dangling from my rear view mirror.

Sorry guys, I didn't want to hijack the thread. I will take out my sig too.
I am a lawyer, so I hope you resolve your problem and get some money for the delay and other problems that he may caused to you.
Once I bought an OD808, a Neve Preamp and a Royer... I lost them and my money.
Cheers!

Well guys, you will be glad to know that PayPal did their thing, they have recovered the funds in full and placed it back into my possession as of this morning.

/thread.

It sucks you couldn't buy the amp, and it sucks hard that the guy never really owned up to his fuck up (unlike Gareth who at the end at least realized he did wrong and gave the money back himself), but at least it all ended up how it started: you with no amp but with the money, so many cases have ended up with no amp and no money that it's good news PayPal favoured you this time

^^ exactly, and thats why i am thankful in this situation. PayPal did their job well, ended up ALMOST like nothing ever happened, and i have people on here who can support my side. So thank you.

I talked to the guy once.. i remember we talked about his band, all members were into the "Change" thing, against corruption, revolution stuff etc. etc., so i guess he thinks that stealing money from others is a good thing for that change in society he wanted to see.. oh the irony.

glad you got your money back dude, happened to me once, but i only got half of my money back from paypal.

Cool that you got your money back - I'm going through a PayPal dispute at the moment and expect the same result. Hopefully the lying scumbag gets what's coming to him as well!

Maybe a noobish question but is this kind of transaction only based on trust?

I'm asking because usually I use C.O.D. when I ship stuff, this way the buyer has to pay on delivery in order to get his hands on the package. Or the other way around, if the package never arrives you don't lose any money.