What do you think about Sting of The Bumblebee for bass???

Well it's not that hard, it just take a lot of practice to get the right technique, try to play it in a tapping version, it's a lot easier, just put your both hands on the neck of a bass guitar and play it like a piano :))

Well it's not that hard, it just take a lot of practice to get the right technique, try to play it in a tapping version, it's a lot easier, just put your both hands on the neck of a bass guitar and play it like a piano )

Damn right. I've discovered this technique some days ago, and it surely helps. You can get those difficult riffs from your guitar player and play then in a diferent way just hammering-on and tapping. And it looks pretty cool too =P

Yeah, tapping for light-speed songs is COOL!! Works great for "Brasileirinha" too!! h0h0h0h0h0h0h0

You can play almost any part with tapping, but I think that few parts it will be very, very difficult to play with fingers, but never give up hope ! :), You can find tab on the net, but remember, with tapping, it just sounds cool and intersting, the right way to play it is to use a pick or Your fingers, because it was written for a violin and that's the right way to get the feeling it was predicted :) :) :)

Originally posted by DeadLustFuck
ummm yeah man but like isn't it flight of the bumble bee? ......or maybe you are refering to another song I don"t know lol

Hmm, yeah, he is talking about that Manowar song, a bass solo, called "Sting of the Bumblebee", that is on the "Kings of Metal" album... Right???

Well, it's really not a Manowar song, it's a cover of a classic song by Rimsky-Korsakov called ''Flight of the bumblebee''
What Joey DeMaio did, it's not really original, it's just a free adaptation, and if You're comparing the original and the Manowar cover, You can see that, Joey DeMaio did it a bit different, well, a few notes are missing in his version, so it's much easier to play it that way.

Joey DiMaio also recorded "The William tell overture" (commonly known as the theme from the lone ranger) on the "Battle Hymns" album, except it was re-titled "Williams tale". I think they do that (re-titleing) to keep from paying royalties on it.
:Smokedev: