What do you think of Blind Guardian?

I don't like Power Metal too much, but I make an exception for Blind Guardian and Hansi Kursch's voice. That's what I really like the band for.

they are good, one of the only few power metal bands who I wouldnt call cheesy. I have the most respect for them and Iced Earth in the genre.

Blind Guardian rape Iced Earth.

They're not really all that cheesy. They definitely know what they're doing, and I've never heard them overblow the cheese like DragonForce or something like them.

The best thing about BG is hearing them play a speed rocker like Majesty or Traveller in Time, and then move to a progressive epic like Battlefield or Imaginations From The Other Side, and then do a soft bardic piece like Past and Future Secret.

Nightwish remain my faves, but BG are definitely one of my top five power metal bands.

Anyone that doubts BG or has a problem with the production/composition on ANATO should check out Imaginations through the looking glass (DVD). It fucknig owns. the production is awsome (on the second audio option) and the newer songs become a highlight of the show, especialy Punishment Divine. Totaly owns.
I listen to a few power metalers, but have a real strict standard due to the cheese factor and the lack of powerfull vocalists (exuse the pun).

BG fuckin rule, and as stated earlier by someone, Hansi fuckin owns on vox.

Keep it real dudes

Daniel \m/

Edgecrusher said:
A Night at the Opera really got on my nerves.........

Well, I actually liked it. Of course, their older stuff are amazing, but this ones is also good, who agrees?

Well, And then there was silence, Precious Jerusalem, Battlefield, Under The Ice are actually good BG songs

Dr_Extreem said:
The first time I heard this band my brother told me to listen to these guys, they sound like medievil metal, I'm not sure what album that was. he didn't like it! i loved it. There was a song called Into The Storm. Thats my fave BG song so sho!

I then bought the album follow the blind. That album is godlike! VALHALLA. Best song on that album me thinks!

Anyways, Peace my brothers!!

The Good Doctor

:lol:

The_Evil_Gentleman said:
Well, I actually liked it. Of course, their older stuff are amazing, but this ones is also good, who agrees?

Well, And then there was silence, Precious Jerusalem, Battlefield, Under The Ice are actually good BG songs

no shit, its just as good as anything else they have done.

and god dammit! when is the dvd gonna be out in the states?????????? :yell:

Blind Guardian is an awesome band. Listen to their entire catalogue of fine cds before judging them.