what do you think of Rammstein?

flying_whale

Rome 64 C.E.
May 17, 2006
Seattle,Wa
www.myspace.com
They grew on me a lot this weekend. I love some of their songs now. Today I've listened to Klavier 8 times, this the 9th. They guy can sing, and plays a lot with vocal dynamics. the heavy guitar part from du hast is lots of fun to play on guitar. I must say they put quite a show live. They are like the modern day kiss or alice cooper. My favorite album from them at the moment is Reise, Reise. I have to get Rosenrot which I might actually buy.
Lolz @ "music to invade Poland to"
I'm now gay for rammstein. They do their fair share of ministry ripping off.

Yeah, get their live CD(or dvd) Live Aus Berlin ^^

Other then that, even Meshuggah and Apocalyptica made some remix of one of their latest songs. If that kind of stuff floats your boat. ^^

I saw them with Apocalyptica a couple of years ago, and their live show is amazing. Musically, it's somewhat stale and cold, but great nonetheless. The fire breathing gave everyone in the first 15 rows a sun tan on their faces, I think. I don't even wanna think about how expensive each show is.

Rammstein is awesome. the albums are getting less solid, but still contain some great songs. my favorite is still Sehnsucht, and thats the era that i saw them live. id love to check out their new show, which hopefully is even more crazy and fire-filled than the one i saw (which was quite crazy and fire-filled). not technically impressive by any means, but a great, heavy, catchy band that makes the head nod and the gas pedal stomped.

because of my love for Disney fairy tales (and the perversion of such) i love "Die Sonne" video and song ... the rest of their stuff is pretty good, but taking the introductory years of high school German makes you dislike Rammstein reeeeeeal quick.

I don't listen to a lot of Rammstein, but in my book they are a pretty decent band. Mutter is one of my favorite song from them, and there's also another one that I forgot the name (eh stupid german names!!) with someone whistling + heavy guitar riffs, cool stuff.

I saw them with Apocalyptica a couple of years ago, and their live show is amazing. Musically, it's somewhat stale and cold, but great nonetheless. The fire breathing gave everyone in the first 15 rows a sun tan on their faces, I think. I don't even wanna think about how expensive each show is.

+1
One of those bands whose live show I need to experience.

Rammstein is awesome. the albums are getting less solid, but still contain some great songs. my favorite is still Sehnsucht, and thats the era that i saw them live. id love to check out their new show, which hopefully is even more crazy and fire-filled than the one i saw (which was quite crazy and fire-filled). not technically impressive by any means, but a great, heavy, catchy band that makes the head nod and the gas pedal stomped.

I like what you have to say. Except 'Mutter' is my favourite. :p

Also, I agree with LOTS/Paul, Till what'shisname's voice is fantastic.

rammstein is ok, but IMHO there are a lot better german bands to be listened to.

because of my love for Disney fairy tales (and the perversion of such) i love "Die Sonne" video and song ... the rest of their stuff is pretty good, but taking the introductory years of high school German makes you dislike Rammstein reeeeeeal quick.

I dunno about that, from what i've read their lyrics (translated) some of them are quite good and ripp off Dante and Gabriel Rossetti. They have some pretty dumb songs too, but some have double meanings in german. I'm not 100% of that, that is what i've read here: http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics
I loled at their live performance of Buck Dich http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eIygH_UE0I

Herzeleid and Sensucht were great, Mutter was pretty good, but I heard a little bit of Reise Reise and wasn't impressed at all, and haven't bothered to check out Rosenrot.
Obviously not very impressive from a technical standpoint, but that's not what they're going for either. In fact, I think I'll go download the first two or three albums right now after having a couple phrases play back in my head. Sensucht brings back many memories from circa 1998-99.

This reminds me of my tenth grade talent show. My band and I performed What Tomorrow Knows, and I was suspended for lighting my right arm on fire with isopropyl alcohol.