Votes: 29 36.7%
  • no i dont smoke but i dont care if others smoke

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • i use to smoke but i quit

Votes: 12 15.2%

• Total voters

Sexi Alexi 94

Oct 10, 2006
i think its pretty annoying becuase i got a maple leaf shirt and ive only wore it like 2 times and it smells like crap because my dad smokes and it made the shirt smell bad. :erk: i think its kind of annoying i dont know why anyone would spend money to buy them. plus i know people who smoke but say its bad and they want to quit but they dont..so what do you guys think about it?

p.s. im going to make a poll because it might be interesting to see results like that. you dont have to say a response but if you could vote that would be ok, thanks! :headbang:

edit/ smoke cigarettes to answer your question

I don't smoke anything. Cigarettes annoyed me since I can remember and weed I used to smoke occasionally but I feel like I grew out of it. Just don't feel any urge to do it.

oh and one more thing to think about is second hand smoke. ive heard it can be worst than smoking because it is unfiltered, is that true do you think? that is what is most annoying to me because i dont want to smell other people's smoke when they smoke. :mad:

It seems weed will be a "with beer" type thing for me when I have peers with me. I don't really care otherwise.

oh and one more thing to think about is second hand smoke. ive heard it can be worst than smoking because it is unfiltered, is that true do you think? that is what is most annoying to me because i dont want to smell other people's smoke when they smoke. :mad:

I can live with that. The thing which really pisses me of is when I see some young mothers with babies smoking like there's no tomorrow. Into baby's face, everywhere... they just don't care. And I won't even start about pregnant women. :mad:

Smoking has annoyed me since I was little. So many peoples I know/knew smoked, and many of them (and their loved ones that were exposed to the second hand smoke) have died from it. And it saddens me every time I discover a friend of mine has taken up the habit.

It's ultimately your choice to smoke..and I really don't mind if you do so around me, but just don't blow it in my face. Knowing that someone blatantly doesn't give a shit about my breathing space makes me want to strangle them.
Being an asthmatic, I think I have the right to want to avoid the stuff :erk:

I can live with that. The thing which really pisses me of is when I see some young mothers with babies smoking like there's no tomorrow. Into baby's face, everywhere... they just don't care. And I won't even start about pregnant women. :mad:

Yeeeah. It makes me angry, too

I used to be a "social smoker" for as long as I could remember. I never used to smoke at my house, and almost never carried a pack, just when I used to go to shows/ bars.
I think in total I would smoke 6-7 cigarettes a week, which is nothing.

BUT,
7 months ago I completely quit, colt turkey, and I feel fantastic.
It's amazing how you realized what a dumb habbit it is once you quit...
I can't stand the smell now, and I hate coming home smelling like an ash tray...
yay for quitting.

Yay for Karen. :) I gave up with my father, finally. He smoked cigarettes for years, but switched over to cigars. I tried to get him to stop those too, but, the man is 55, he wants a cigar with his wine. I figure a cigar a day is more respectable then a pack of cigs, even if it is more tobacco. So I just let it go, and I'll let him have his satisfaction in near retirement. Half-victory, I suppose, getting him off cigarettes.

It's amazing how you realized what a dumb habbit it is once you quit...
I can't stand the smell now, and I hate coming home smelling like an ash tray...
yay for quitting.

Same here. I used to smoke since I was 13 years old and I quit on Dec 1st last year. I just stopped it because I couldn´t stand it anymore. In the last years I smoked about 1 pack each day and I hated it. I don´t know why suddenly it was so easy for me to quit, I had tried many times before (and failed) but now I feel so much better. I can breathe again and it´s fascinating how good food is tasting!!

I enjoy the very occasional cigar or cigarillo (less than 1/mo.), personally, so I can't just go out and say that "smoking is dumb".

However, people should, as a common courtesy, keep their smoking to themselves.

I smoke 5-6 cigarettes a day, depending on my stress level. If I'm in the car driving around the city, I'll probably smoke a few on the way because I'm so busy screaming and swearing and giving the finger to other drivers here. Italian drivers could make the pope swear.

If I'm at a bar, I'll smoke a few outside, but it's usually as a social thing. In fact, I think I'll have one now...

By the way, I ALWAYS ask if I can smoke, and if there's someone who's a non-smoker in closed quarters with me, even if they say it's ok, I won't smoke in front of them. It's my choice, and I feel that I shouldn't make a choice for them, either.

I KNOW I can't believe how many mother's smoke right into their baby's face! It's disgusting. And in the last month I have seen two huge bellied pregnant women SMOKING. What the hell is wrong with people?

whats funny is, smokers dont advocate smoking to people, you never see smokers saying "hey, you should smoke" but non smokers love to tell smokers how bad it is and tell them that they should stop.

I KNOW I can't believe how many mother's smoke right into their baby's face! It's disgusting. And in the last month I have seen two huge bellied pregnant women SMOKING. What the hell is wrong with people?

Well, the people are addicted and the addiction is more important to them than children obviously. I mean I don't believe they are not educated enough not to know it's bad for children.

I'm also sceptic about people who say they smoke a cigarette or two during coffee time because of the stress - that is just a denial of addiction because all three things contradict themselves (coffein and tobaco smoke increase stress level and at the same time cigarettes reduce coffein's effect anyway)